Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor

post #11 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
By the way, the stand looks like a blatant copy of XB271HU's stand, and it's probably the same M270 from AU Optronics - as always tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Late Q2/Early Q3... takes time for shipment to go from USA to EU.

At least it's coming here! Very exciting as it seems that you guys really put a lot of effort into your products and really put them to the test before they end up in the stores.
post #13 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I wish i had $400 and live in the us... no international shipping and that monitor looks way better than the pixio px277
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post

Late Q2/Early Q3... takes time for shipment to go from USA to EU.
No wider distribution in EU than Amazon is possible? I asked a big retailer in here and they were excited about the monitor, then they just reported back it's not possible to get Nixeus products :/

post #15 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 12:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

The most important question: is it the AUO's notorious M270 panel?
post #16 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astreon View Post

The most important question: is it the AUO's notorious M270 panel?

It is, but QC is supposed to be much better.

My one problem with this upcoming monitor is rather silly, but height is an issue. Sadly, I only have about 44 cm of vertical space to accomodate this beast, and it seems this monitor is cutting it extremely close. I wish the stand wasn't raised, but just flat, I think that'd shave off 2 cms.
post #17 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

I fear that it may not be possible. The price of this monitor is what, 350$? that's much less than they ask for the other freesync 144hz, Asus MG279Q. And at least 50% of AUO's M270 panels are trash.

So they not only sell it for less, but also dump around half of their panels? How would that net any profit?

And I can't imagine that Nixeus got a better deal with AUO than Asus pr AOC regarding panels. If they want a better QC, then they have to sort through the supply from AUO and scrap ~ 50% of their panels. That simply is not profitable for a 300-350$ monitor.

So in the end I think it's the same, just different package. Could be wrong, ofc.
post #18 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astreon View Post

I fear that it may not be possible. The price of this monitor is what, 350$? that's much less than they ask for the other freesync 144hz, Asus MG279Q. And at least 50% of AUO's M270 panels are trash.

So they not only sell it for less, but also dump around half of their panels? How would that net any profit?

And I can't imagine that Nixeus got a better deal with AUO than Asus pr AOC regarding panels. If they want a better QC, then they have to sort through the supply from AUO and scrap ~ 50% of their panels. That simply is not profitable for a 300-350$ monitor.

So in the end I think it's the same, just different package. Could be wrong, ofc.
If they have figured out the manufacturing method to cut down BLB, the QC will be better in that sense, it's not dependant on AUO. Which is maybe the worst defect with these panels.

post #19 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

well, yes, BLB is the worst. But, white uniformity is also awful, albeit it may be directly influenced by excessive BLB.
post #20 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

@Peter Nixeus, maybe you could comment on it? I guess you know how terrible the QC for the M270 panel is. Do you take extra measures to avoid BLB, or is it expected to be like in MG279Q and other monitors using this panel? I take it that AUO didn't sell you the "bezel-less" 2.6 version from XB271HU, but instead, the older & discontinued 2.3 version ? I'm pretty sure AUO didn't sell the v 2.6 to anyone but Acer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in