Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor - Page 48 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Nixeus EDG 27" IPS 144Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor

post #471 of 487 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
@Peter Nixeus thank you for sending Simon at TFTcentral.co.uk a copy of the NX-EDG27v2 for review! You always do listen to the community which is really fresh. I wish you guys were in Australia you should get Mwave in Australia to sell your product. They used to stock your Nixeus NX-VUE24 so I was sad to see no 27EDG. They import so much stuff it's crazy, www.Mwave.com.au has all the best brands!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 487 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 181 (Unique: 119)
Quote: Originally Posted by astrixx View Post
@Peter Nixeus thank you for sending Simon at TFTcentral.co.uk a copy of the NX-EDG27v2 for review! You always do listen to the community which is really fresh. I wish you guys were in Australia you should get Mwave in Australia to sell your product. They used to stock your Nixeus NX-VUE24 so I was sad to see no 27EDG. They import so much stuff it's crazy, www.Mwave.com.au has all the best brands!
We are working on it... best thing to do is for the customers to ask or inform their favorite retailers.

Director Product Development
Nixeus Technology, Inc

post #473 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
TFT Central review is up. Thanks for sending the monitor to them.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/...htm#conclusion

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 840 500GB
Power Supply
Corsair HX1050W
Cooling
EK Supreme HF + mpc355 + 2 x Xspc RX360 + EK-FC Radeon Vega
Case
Corsair 700D with Side Window
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Nixeus EDG 27
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Monitor
ASUS MG279Q
Keyboard
Xarmor U9BL-S
Mouse
Steelseries QcK+
Mouse
Roccat Pure Owl-Eye
Audio
Swan M50W
Audio
Odac+O2 & Sennheiser GSX 1000
Audio
Sennheiser 6XX
CPU
AMD Ryzen 2600X
Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 7 WIFI
GPU
Sapphire R9-290 Vapour-X
RAM
G.Skill Flare X
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Power Supply
Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 650W
Cooling
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark
Monitor
Pixio PX277
Audio
Swan M10
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #474 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:01 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Yes read the review, seems it's as bad as ever if not worse with new revision. That OD is useless :/
Panel 2.3 not 2.6, weird. No idea why they messed up the OD this much or it's supposed to be a fluke, since this panel with good OD is sub 7ms not barely 16ms.
post #475 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Everyone and their mother shilled this monitor in every forum, reddit, twitter whatever.

And it's still the same sad situation with OD + FreeSync.
Yes it has variable OD, but the OD itself is absolutely useless.

FreeSync + OD + suitable response times for 144 Hz = NO NO NO!

These are the only tested AHVA/IPS monitors, which works with a "usable" OD level and FreeSync together:

MG279Q (from 2015 lol)
FS2735 (also from 2015 lol)
AD27QD (overshoot)

FreeSync - you get what you pay for.
post #476 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:16 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 181 (Unique: 119)
For Clarification:

When using FreeSync, Over Drive has to be set to OFF for Variable over drive to work - and it works better than FreeSync + Overdrive being set to Low, Med, or High from our internal testings with the newest FreeSync Windmill Demo. Individuals can test this for themselves with the Pendulum Demo since the new FreeSync Windmill Demo is not available for public use. When not using FreeSync, we recommend using the Low - Med OD settings (High can cause reverse ghosting). This FreeSync + Adaptive Over Drive only works when the monitor's Over Drive (OD) setting in the OSD is set to OFF.

There will be more reviews in the future and I also look forward to their results.

Director Product Development
Nixeus Technology, Inc

Last edited by Peter Nixeus; 04-15-2019 at 04:41 PM.
post #477 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Why not rename OD OFF to OD adaptive then or simply do it automatically adaptive while allowing user to select the usual off-low-med-high, at least, strength levels for adaptive mode as well.

What's the latest Windmill demo version? 0.9.1? Or is there something newer?

Last edited by JackCY; 04-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.
post #478 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Peter Nixeus View Post
For Clarification:

When using FreeSync, Over Drive has to be set to OFF for Variable over drive to work - and it works better than FreeSync + Overdrive being set to Low, Med, or High from our internal testings with the newest FreeSync Windmill Demo. Individuals can test this for themselves with the Pendulum Demo since the new FreeSync Windmill Demo is not available for public use. When not using FreeSync, we recommend using the Low - Med OD settings (High can cause reverse ghosting). This FreeSync + Adaptive Over Drive only works when the monitor's Over Drive (OD) setting in the OSD is set to OFF.

There will be more reviews in the future and I also look forward to their results.
This applies to the V2 right? I own the NX-27EDGv1 and in BFV in the Firestorm lobby before a match in the hangar I get ghosting when overdrive set to off, I have less ghosting with it set to low so overdrive is working when using the low setting. Hi and medium do nothing as we already agreed on the V1.

So on the V1 I use low for variable overdrive?

I'll test other games, BFV freesync doesn't perform as smooth as BF4, i'll test that as well when I get the time.

EDIT:
Just tested the Gsync pendulum demo and on the V1 using a RX Vega 64LC low overdrive has a sharper image, off, medium and high are all the same and is blurry. Putting the overdrive on the NX27EDG V1 monitor to low instantly sharpens the image from the working overdrive. Freesync was confirmed to be working as the refresh rate was variable.

Last edited by astrixx; 04-20-2019 at 04:36 AM.
post #479 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Some findings on my tests with Nixeus NX-27EDG V1.

UFO tests https://www.testufo.com/ghosting
Running on 144hz low overdrive works with freesync on or off. Other settings do nothing toggling all settings it's easy to see when low setting comes up as it changes sharpness of the moving UFO's.
Running at 60hz there is way to much overshoot (some call reverse ghosting I think). Looking at Simon's tests on the V2 he confirmed that at 60hz the overdrive is more stronger which is what I experienced and is what he found on other monitors overdrive while running freesync. I believe these should be reversed as he suggested, higher overdrive voltages applied at higher refresh rates. Perhaps something that can get fixed with firmware updates unless it can't be fixed for some reason and a limitation of Freresync overdrive but I doubt that.

Gsync pendulum tests.
While running freesync it's obvious again that only low overdrive works on the monitor. What I did find interesting was that if I disabled freesync in Radeon settings I could no longer see any difference when toggling all the overdrive settings on the monitor and the results were all the same. It is obvious with freesync off on the Gsync pendulum demo overdrive does not work, it's most obvious on the test pattern as with overdrive there is a dark shadow behind the pattern and with freesync off none of the settings do this. With freesync on in the pendulum app the pattern is obviously changing when the monitors overdrive is on the low setting as the overdrive is working.

Next I'll try and test some games...

Edit:

First I tested Battlefield 4 which runs awesome, the overdrive seems great on all settings I couldn't even tell them apart it was definitely working in my opinion. Freesync really works well running on BF4.

Next I tried Battlefield V and freesync doesn't work as smooth as it does on BF4, not sure why but I couldn't even tell the different overdrive settings apart either but it felt like there was more ghosting and I felt more disconnected. I was able to tell when I played firestorm last week while waiting in the lobby that only low overdrive setting seemed to work but I couldn't even get into a game today to try firestorm no players in Australia. Playing BF5 definitely doesn't feel as good as BF4 as the freesync isn't as smooth and there is heaps of juddering something I never see on BF4. Not sure what is going on there.

I think this is a DICE issue with BF5 I am sure from memory even BF1 was smooth though I don't have it installed at the moment so I can't test it. This monitor really shines when playing BF4 feels pretty close to my Benq XL2730Z 1ms Freesync monitor.

Last edited by astrixx; 04-20-2019 at 02:27 AM.
post #480 of 487 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Just tried Apex Legends and all overdrive settings are very good can't distinguish them either.

My conclusion is where freesync is working properly variable overdrive might be taking over on all settings. Only issue I have is with BF5 but that is the game not the monitor. it's unfortunate I wish BFV was as smooth as BF4, BF1 and Apex Legends.

Last edited by astrixx; 04-20-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in