Predator X27 - Page 163 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Predator X27

post #1621 of 1653 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:01 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post
HDR is crap for gaming and is just overly saturated, that's why he uses SDR. Also, any IPS screen with correct color calibration and nits set to 200-250 is where the sweet spot is. Anyone using a screen at 1000 nits is just mental. Have you tried using your mobile phone at it's highest brightness? Now multiply that at least 20 times (screen size) and try not to burn your eyes out when using it for gaming, video editing, etc.
You clearly haven’t used HDR on this monitor. It’s completely opposite of what you said. Crap? Lol no it’s actually amazing. Saturated? Not a chance. Good one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 08:34 PM
Old to Overclock.net

Rep: 249 (Unique: 209)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jbravo33 View Post
You clearly haven’t used HDR on this monitor. It’s completely opposite of what you said. Crap? Lol no it’s actually amazing. Saturated? Not a chance. Good one
Chroma sampling is the issue. HDR only does 98 Hz 4:4:4 (still only looks ok with visible lines / blocking). Text on desktop looks terrible when set to 144 Hz 4:2:2. Going SDR, you can use 120 Hz 4:4:4 chroma sampling, still not perfect but it looks better on this monitor versus HDR plus gaming at 120 Hz is far better than 98 Hz 4:4:4 chroma sampling.

Yin & Yang
(15 items)
CPU
i7-4790k
Motherboard
Asus Z97I-Plus
GPU
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti (Hybrid Kit)
RAM
Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz
Hard Drive
Crucial MX500 1TB
Power Supply
Seasonic P660X
Cooling
ID Cooling Frostflow+ 240
Case
NZXT H400i
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Monitor
Asus PB278Q
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 TKL
Mouse
Logitech G102 Prodigy
Mouse
Razer Sphex
Audio
Fiio E17 / E9K
Audio
Fidelio X2
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by mark_thaddeus; 03-02-2019 at 08:50 PM.
post #1623 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by mark_thaddeus View Post
Chroma sampling is the issue. HDR only does 98 Hz 4:4:4 (still only looks ok with visible lines / blocking).
You can use HDR in 120hz mode. There is no difference in image quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1624 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Is the removal of the Anti glare filter a one way operation, ie like something you peal of or similar that cant be reversed?
post #1625 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

With all the settings this screen has and the lack of documentation, what would be recommended settings for a fast FPS game like CS GO? A beautifyl adventure game? Or should one just stick to one set of settings for it all?

To bad it does not seem to be possible to save settings per input, as I use both of them (hdmi for work laptop).
post #1626 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by l88bastar View Post
My fan was quite, but now I can hear ticking. If I pull the monitor towards me and relieve pressure between it and the stock factory stand the sound dissipates....so apparently the fan tolerance spacing within the shroud is extremely tight. I am gonna see what I can do to fix it without an RMA.

I would wager that most people who "hear" the fan are actually hearing the fan slightly hitting the case and causing the ticking sound.
Does it sound almost like there would be an "old" mechanical HD in it? If so, I am having the same with mine. Was trying to find out which of my units could possible have a mechanical HD 2019 but turned out it was the monitor making the sounds.
post #1627 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by badjz View Post
Just got one of these & has come with the updated fw which is good news.
I can’t seem to change the reference not when HDR is active. It’s grayed out & locked on 132- assume this is not the norm? Any work around a guys?

In SDR reference nits is on 400 - is this the standard/best setting?
How can you see the firmware version? Besides checking the serial and see that its not supposed to require an update.
post #1628 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 92 (Unique: 79)
Quote: Originally Posted by improwise View Post
Does it sound almost like there would be an "old" mechanical HD in it? If so, I am having the same with mine. Was trying to find out which of my units could possible have a mechanical HD 2019 but turned out it was the monitor making the sounds.
You dont even need to take the monitor apart....just take it off the stand and go thru the hole in the back and secure the fan power cord away from the fan blades with a paper clip or twist tie.

Yeah like a really bad song on the radio that the station keeps repeating and repeating.
In time you find yourself tapping your foot and singing along.
It's like being programed.
post #1629 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by l88bastar View Post
You dont even need to take the monitor apart....just take it off the stand and go thru the hole in the back and secure the fan power cord away from the fan blades with a paper clip or twist tie.
Thanks.
post #1630 of 1653 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 03:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Since 80% of the posts in this thread seem to be about price etc, am I correct to assume that quite few people here actually use the x27 themselves? Which could be understandable considering price etc. Have gone through the thread and most post are not really about using the monitor it seems but more to discuss if it should even exist or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in