Monitor flickering when standing up from my chair - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Monitor flickering when standing up from my chair

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Senioritis Member

Rep: 513 (Unique: 323)
I get something similar when the air is really dry. Touching the pull chain to turn the light over my desk or even just walking by the computer can cause it to make a disconnect sound even though nothing disconnects; there didn't even have to be any visible ESD. Before I switched over to LEDs, the CFLs would often flicker just from touching them.

Jeannie
CPU
i7-3930k
Motherboard
ASUS P9X79 WS
GPU
MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
GPU
Monoprice 1x2 powered HDMI Splitter
RAM
Kingston HyperX 32GB (8 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K8/32GX
Hard Drive
128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Hard Drive
4TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Optical Drive
LG 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive CH12LS28
Power Supply
Corsair HX750W
Cooling
COOLER MASTER GeminII S524 120mm Long Life Sleeve CPU Cooler
Case
Antec Two Hundred v2
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Monitor
3 x Asus VG248QE
Monitor
Vizio VO320E 32" TV
Keyboard
Logitech G510s
Mouse
Logitech M525 with Unifying Receiving
Audio
Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers
Audio
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card
Other
LSI 9211-8i HBA card
Other
HooToo® HT-CR001 3.5" PCI-E to USB 3.0 Multi-in-One Front Panel Internal Card Reader (6 Memory Slots, Genesys GL3220 Chipset) & SuperSpeed USB 3.0 3-Port Hub (VIA VL800 Chipset), can read & write: M2/MS Micro, High-Speed CF(UDMA), UHS-I, SD, SDHC,...
Other
StarTech HSB220SAT25B 2 Drive 2.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane
CPU
i7-5930K Haswell-e
Motherboard
Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1
GPU
Visiontek Radeon 7870 2GB with 6 miniDisplayports
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaws 64GB (8x8GB) DDR4 2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SSDs
Hard Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 SSD boot drive
Power Supply
Corsair AX760
Cooling
Noctua NH-D15S Cpu cooler
Case
Scratch built. Currently under construction at https://www.overclock.net/t/1602023/preparing-for-a-scratch-built-case
Operating System
Win 7 Ultimate
Mouse
Logitech M525
Mouse
El Cheapo Allsop hard plastic
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Talking

Quote: Originally Posted by Jay-R View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread but I am having the same issues with my Dell S2716DG. Thought I was going mad for ages as it never seams to do it when I looked at the screen whilst getting up only normally catch it in the corner of my eye and think to myself did that really happen, lol. But I have got it to do it a few times whilst watching and it blanks out for like half a second.

I have my PC hooked upto my monitor via mini DP to Standard DP (only way I can have it as my KPE 980 ti only has mini DP) and thought maybe the supplied adapter wasn't shielded very well so replaced it with a direct cable. All seamed well (didn't do it in months) until re-installing windows 10 and now its back with a vengeance and happening on demand. The cable has its own route to the monitor and does not interfere with any other cables.

Things I think it could be.

I would blame drivers but when it went away last time I didn't touch the drivers so am doubtful.

Cables are as good as can be.

Possibly the monitor doesn't like DP to mini DP.

Windows 10 is screwing about, somehow?

Another possibility is if you have any metal within your body (which i have) it can cause issues with interference with electronics and cause signals to mess up. But I am doubtful as it went away for months but the rod in my leg didn't so unless its a summer phenomena I dont think so.

Anyone else no of any other possibilities I would be grateful as i would like to get this resolved.
Bro i have same monitor and same problem. I think it is because of moisture in air. But i dont really know. It is weird. I think about to make standalone power supply route to the monitor but after i read your post I will not do it.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 07:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
It is the electricity connection. I had the same problem with an LG display.

Faulty unit.

Gesendet von meinem DUK-L09 mit Tapatalk

RYZENBUFU: R7 1700X | Noctua NH-U14S (Push-Pull) - BeQuite SilentWings 3 - 140MM | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero| 16GB G.Skill TridentZ [G.SKILL F4-3200C14-GTZ (2x8GB)] @ 3333Mhz | Zotac AMP Extreme GTX 1080 | SSD's & HDD's | Be quite Dark Power P11 850W | Phanteks Evolv ATX - BeQuite SilentWings 3 - 140MM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
so do you guys have on the vesa mount or on the table ? I have the same issue but I have it mounted with vesa in a metallic arm.

too sensetive to ESD ? poorly shielded ? maybe the quality control was even worse than just the screen it self...

oh its a PG279Q btw

I did had other monitor mounted on the same structure and had no problems, it was a vg278HE
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:32 AM
Old

Rep: 28 (Unique: 25)
Talking

Quote: Originally Posted by Darius40e10 View Post
so do you guys have on the vesa mount or on the table ? I have the same issue but I have it mounted with vesa in a metallic arm.

too sensetive to ESD ? poorly shielded ? maybe the quality control was even worse than just the screen it self...

oh its a PG279Q btw

I did had other monitor mounted on the same structure and had no problems, it was a vg278HE
I have Arctic Z2 Pro dual arm now and no issues with it anymore. I changed my table to other side of the room and got this Z2 a week ago.. after that I haven't had this weird flickering issue.
Earlier I was using same exact same cables, but original XB271HU stand. Chair is still the same

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 01:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 11)
I've had and still have this issue with several monitors. At first I thought it was only the ones that came with an external power brick, and not the ones with an internal PSU, but no it seems completely random. This only happens in fall, winter, and spring when the air is dry, and grounding your PC or monitor does nothing to solve that. For me it happens when I tilt up my DXRacer chair after a while, but also happens with my IKEA Markus chair.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's caused by ESD being created from the friction on the wheels of my chairs, when rolling around on the protective plastic mat which is on my wooden floor. Probably the only way to get rid of it, is buying an anti-static floor mat, and those can be a bit expensive depending on where you're located. But so far from 4 different monitors I've owned, none of them have taken any damage whatsoever from this, and all of them are still functioning from what I know (some been sold off).
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Oh god I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm currently on PG348Q and so far it seems like what we all have in common is G-Sync monitors. It also happens to me when my cat jumps down from pc table.

Did any of you find a way to get rid of this issue?

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 02:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by Nihaan View Post
Oh god I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm currently on PG348Q and so far it seems like what we all have in common is G-Sync monitors. It also happens to me when my cat jumps down from pc table.

Did any of you find a way to get rid of this issue?
I think it's poor shielding on the DP cables which isn't normally a problem if you run at 60 Hz, but with 100 Hz and above it does seem to become a problem. I noticed this since when I switch my screen to my secondary output which uses HDMI (PS4), the screen flicker does not happen when I tilt my chair back. I also been using the USB hub on my monitor and it too made my LED's on my keyboard and mouse flicker in the same moment. After I switched out the cable with a highly shielded one, it went away. Next step is trying out one of those expensive shielded DP 1.2 4K certified cables...
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 02:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by d0mmie View Post
I think it's poor shielding on the DP cables which isn't normally a problem if you run at 60 Hz, but with 100 Hz and above it does seem to become a problem. I noticed this since when I switch my screen to my secondary output which uses HDMI (PS4), the screen flicker does not happen when I tilt my chair back. I also been using the USB hub on my monitor and it too made my LED's on my keyboard and mouse flicker in the same moment. After I switched out the cable with a highly shielded one, it went away. Next step is trying out one of those expensive shielded DP 1.2 4K certified cables...
That is wonderful if it can get fixed by changing cables.

Would you suggest any specific brand? It would be great if you can link it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in