AOC Agon AG272FCX - Experience / Information? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AOC Agon AG272FCX - Experience / Information?

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hello.

After returning two Samsung C24FG73 because of coil whine and purple ghosting the search for a curved 144hz freesync monitor goes on.

Does anyone have epxerience or information on the AOC Agon AG272FCX ?
I'm assuming it's a different panel than the Samsung. MVA instead of SVA. Is (purple) ghosting also an issue here?

Greetings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 05:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrZog View Post

Hello.

After returning two Samsung C24FG73 because of coil whine and purple ghosting the search for a curved 144hz freesync monitor goes on.

Does anyone have epxerience or information on the AOC Agon AG272FCX ?
I'm assuming it's a different panel than the Samsung. MVA instead of SVA. Is (purple) ghosting also an issue here?

Greetings

My Samsung CFG73 didn´t have a single purple ghosting issue. It was perfect and one of the best monitors I ever used. Will return it today just because of 1 reason: input lag. Way too high.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 02:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 31)
4ms of input lag isnt high and FG73 still have purple issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 07:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunched View Post

4ms of input lag isnt high and FG73 still have purple issue

4ms? How do you have that value? Any review? I assure you this monitor has a lot of input lag as I have some more monitors here and I noticed it immediatly after launching quake. Was already suspecting about it on the desktop, in game it just confirmed.

My sample didn´t have a single purple motion issue. I warranty you that.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 08:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notty View Post

4ms? How do you have that value? Any review? I assure you this monitor has a lot of input lag as I have some more monitors here and I noticed it immediatly after launching quake. Was already suspecting about it on the desktop, in game it just confirmed.

My sample didn´t have a single purple motion issue. I warranty you that.
PCM's review of the C24FG70 which is literally the exact same monitor with a different stand.
I'm sure I could find others who have tested the lag if I bothered to.
Nobody else has noticed such problems and the threads for these monitors are huge
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 08:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

PCM's review of the C24FG70 which is literally the exact same monitor with a different stand.
I'm sure I could find others who have tested the lag if I bothered to.
Nobody else has noticed such problems and the threads for these monitors are huge

Is not the "same monitor". Is the same panel, but the internals can be completly different, not only the stand (no way of knowing that). I wouldn´t return the monitor if it had a good input lag. Also PCM uses SMTT wich is awful measure for input lag, same as tftcentral. I trust Rtings or prad de witch osciloscopes and other advanced (and crazy expensive) methods.

The monitor was perfect in everything to me, I wanted to keep it. i didn´t keep it because it was way too laggy compared to the other competitors. There is no reason for me to lie about that. I wish you were right and it had low input lag, because it was the best 144hz monitor I ever used.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 08:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notty View Post

Is not the "same monitor". Is the same panel, but the internals can be completly different, not only the stand (no way of knowing that). I wouldn´t return the monitor if it had a good input lag. Also PCM uses SMTT wich is awful measure for input lag, same as tftcentral. I trust Rtings or prad de witch osciloscopes and other advanced (and crazy expensive) methods.

The monitor was perfect in everything to me, I wanted to keep it. i didn´t keep it because it was way too laggy compared to the other competitors. There is no reason for me to lie about that. I wish you were right and it had low input lag, because it was the best 144hz monitor I ever used.
Prad.de on C24FG70
http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2017/test-samsung-c24fg70fqu-teil9.html
"With a signal delay of 6.4 ms and an average picture change time of 4.8 ms, the display is already ranked on one of the front ranks and will also meet higher demands with maximum overdrive."
Would sure be weird if Samsung just completely destroyed the FG73 and you're the only one in the world to have noticed so far.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 10:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Prad.de on C24FG70
http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2017/test-samsung-c24fg70fqu-teil9.html
"With a signal delay of 6.4 ms and an average picture change time of 4.8 ms, the display is already ranked on one of the front ranks and will also meet higher demands with maximum overdrive."
Would sure be weird if Samsung just completely destroyed the FG73 and you're the only one in the world to have noticed so far.

As I said, no one knows how the internals goes on this new FG73 model. If it wasn´t laggy I would keep it. I loved everything about it. Why would I return it if it was fast and I liked it so much? FG70 is a product, FC73 is another product. Is my only explanation. Trust me, I wish it was fast. It completly obliterates any TN/IPS 144hz monitor out there in everything else. And I loved the curve aswell, really good for competitive play because it makes you focus in everything without much effort by the eyes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in