Va panel advice - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Va panel advice

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am looking for good VA panels (I find these, I think in this price range there is no other good monitor than these):

– Samsung LC27FG73 (freesync range 70 -144hz??) – 368€ – 2 years warranty

– Samsung L27F591 (48-72) – 275€ + DP cable 10€ – 2 years warranty

– AOC Q3279VWF (48-75hz) – 204€ – 3 years warranty

– Benq EW2775ZH – 178€ (no freesync – 60hz) – 3 years warranty

– BenQ EW277HDR – 242€ (no freesync – 60HZ – fake HDR) – 3 years warranty

I favorize Samsung monitors but I can decide. Is 100€ higher price worth paying for LC27FG573? Is picture much better(FG73) that on F591? Did they the fix purple screen issues on Samsung FG73? Does EW277HDR have same quality VA panel as EW2775ZH?

About that benq HDR monitor, I know it has fake HDR but by some reviews color are very good. Does every movie support HDR?

I will use monitor for 50% gaming, 30% surfing and 20% for movies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 06:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 83)
If 50% of your use is gaming then you can write off all those monitors except for the LC27FG73. Yes its the most expensive but you get the benefits of VA contrast ratio and a high refresh rate. The purple issue on them unfortunately doesn't look to be fixable completely it can only be toned down by the black equalizer which effectively raises our lowers your low end gamma. If you lower the gamma blacks will become more grey letting you see better detail and the monitor will have an easier time with pixel transitions. VAs are notoriously slow when going from black to white or otherwise 0-20 on the greyscale.

If you lift your blacks at the low end with a lower gamma then you can help the monitor avoid slower response times when dealing with black to white transitions. The image accuracy will be lowered and blacks wont look as good but you'll still have about 3000:1 contrast ratio which will still look better than any TN or IPS with their weaker contrast.

I would also recommend you go for the 24 inch model as the pixel density isnt so great at 27 inches 1080p unless of course you really need a 27 inch monitor size and plan to sit a little further away to not see the pixels as easily.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I already tried 1080p on 27" and it looks very good to me, clear image.

I been told that:

"The 27″ CFG70/73 models have lower levels of inverse ghosting than the 24″ models, so they don’t really have so much of the ‘purple trailing’ that you might see reported on the 24″ models."

I think I will go for F591, I will spare some money, reviews seems to be 90% positive. I am afraid to risk purple color problem without seeing it first.

Also F591 should have great VA panel and it should handle things like this easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg5NHNHX1lk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in