HDR keeps turning off GTX970 with DP and CHG90 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

HDR keeps turning off GTX970 with DP and CHG90

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
HDR keeps turning off GTX970 with DP and CHG90

Hey guys...

I just got a CHG90 monitor (the super ultrawide samsung 49") and currently on a 970gtx (got 2x 1080ti coming in)

with HDMI, I turned on HDR and I got some dull images which looked dissapointing to me (at least in windows 10 UI)

I tried the same with display port, and I can't get HDR to turn on. Everytime I turn on HDR, the box unchecks itself. I updated the firmware to latest on the monitor, installed drivers, yet GFX to ycbcr444 and 422 with 8 bpc output (only option I got) and still can't get anything...

any help or guidance what's going on here? Thanks!

I did get HDR with HDMI, but I really don't think the colors look right. everything looks very dull.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 08:06 PM
Some Guy

Rep: 46 (Unique: 42)
Well, pretty sure you need 10 bpc for HDR..

Without going into research mode, I can recommend you trying a different/newer HDMI cable.
A friend of mine had the same issue with not getting 10 bpc and it was solved with a new branded HDMI cable. (non-generic)

Edit: Actually, I think CHG90 requires HDMI 2.0 OR Displayport 1.3 cables to support HDR. So you might want to double-check.

Last edited by Bloodcore; 03-11-2018 at 08:19 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodcore View Post
Well, pretty sure you need 10 bpc for HDR..

Without going into research mode, I can recommend you trying a different/newer HDMI cable.
A friend of mine had the same issue with not getting 10 bpc and it was solved with a new branded HDMI cable. (non-generic)

Edit: Actually, I think CHG90 requires HDMI 2.0 OR Displayport 1.3 cables to support HDR. So you might want to double-check.
I used the cables that came with the monitor, assuming they're not going to put non HDR compliant cables with a HDR monitor lol.

I'm wondering if it's limitation of the GPU. I couldn't really find the correct answer for that.

I do get 10 bpc with HDMI, but not DP, which is weird... I do have the monitor set at HDMI 2.0 and DP at 1.2↑

post #4 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 07:58 AM
Some Guy

Quote: Originally Posted by razorseal View Post
I used the cables that came with the monitor, assuming they're not going to put non HDR compliant cables with a HDR monitor lol.

I'm wondering if it's limitation of the GPU. I couldn't really find the correct answer for that.

I do get 10 bpc with HDMI, but not DP, which is weird... I do have the monitor set at HDMI 2.0 and DP at 1.2↑
Was away for a few days, sorry about the late reply.

I believe one of the "Nice to haves" that 900-series had, was HDMI 2.0
But, it doesn't have Displayport 1.3 which means you have to stick to HDMI 2.0.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/des...specifications

My best guess is still that the supplied cable is either lower spec or not performing as expected of it.
Only other possible solution would be to do a clean reinstall of Windows with an up-to-date image file and see if it helps.

post #5 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:03 AM
Some Guy

*Website went into an error page and somehow double posted*
*Mods, please delete this*

*Edit: It now gives me database error constantly when editing and posting.*

post #6 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Well my 1080s came in and it longer has this issue. Must be limitation of GTX 970

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in