BenQ EX3203R, new curved AUO panel? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

BenQ EX3203R, new curved AUO panel?

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Thr
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Same - I also have this monitor and found no issues with BLB or uniformity, in contrast to the C27HG70 I had before, which had that plus the "dirty screen effect" on greys.

@wuudu one problem I have is that I can't save the sharpness setting. The font is a bit too sharp for me at 110% display scaling in Windows, so I'd like to reduce sharpness to 7. But each time the monitor goes to sleep it resets the sharpness back to 10. Do you also have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Thr View Post
Same - I also have this monitor and found no issues with BLB or uniformity, in contrast to the C27HG70 I had before, which had that plus the "dirty screen effect" on greys.

@wuudu one problem I have is that I can't save the sharpness setting. The font is a bit too sharp for me at 110% display scaling in Windows, so I'd like to reduce sharpness to 7. But each time the monitor goes to sleep it resets the sharpness back to 10. Do you also have this problem?
Sounds like it can handle the curving process pretty well then.

You should contact BenQ support, it's awesome, totally different than bigger companies like LG. If there's actually something wrong with the monitor firmware - they will pass the message along and fix it.

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:36 AM
mfw

Rep: 362 (Unique: 191)
Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPV_Technology
"It sells its products under its own AOC and Envision brands"

So AOC is now manufacturing panels? lol
Considering AOC is a brand created by Philips, which is, in turn, partly owned by TPV, a panel manufacturer, one can say AOC is (directly or otherwise) manufacturing their own panels.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 Mini
Mouse
Corepadded Logitech G703
Mousepad
Asus Scabbard
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 02:07 AM
Thr
Linux Lobbyist

Sounds like it can handle the curving process pretty well then.

You should contact BenQ support, it's awesome, totally different than bigger companies like LG. If there's actually something wrong with the monitor firmware - they will pass the message along and fix it.
Thanks, I'll try that! Do you happen to know if BenQ monitors usually have user-updateable firmware?
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 03:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Thanks, I'll try that! Do you happen to know if BenQ monitors usually have user-updateable firmware?
No idea, does the manual say anything about a usb port for updating?

Can you see a faint blue line like this at the border, when looking at an angle? If so, it's the Samsung panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AG322QCX-border.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	220392  

post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 04:13 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 301 (Unique: 220)
Quote: Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post
Considering AOC is a brand created by Philips, which is, in turn, partly owned by TPV, a panel manufacturer, one can say AOC is (directly or otherwise) manufacturing their own panels.
I don't think they make any of these faster larger panels. They do rebrand all of their previous panels they've used in AOC and Philips from Samsung, AUO, etc. They make monitors and change external parts. They like to change backlights etc. then rename the panel. DVR01 is AUO's name for their panel.

Z321QU has the "same" curved panel but offers rip off sync. Can't say it's a popular model either.

Samsung VAs dims pixel parts the other way compared to AUO, that's an easy way to tell them apart. This was always supposed to be AUO, it took similar ages for it to get to market too, the Samsungs have been around for ages, I've yet to see a BenQ monitor with Samsung panel, they probably only use AUO for such panels instead of Samsung.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 05:08 AM
Thr
Linux Lobbyist

No idea, does the manual say anything about a usb port for updating?

Can you see a faint blue line like this at the border, when looking at an angle? If so, it's the Samsung panel.

No, there's no mention of updating the firmware anywhere, but I thought maybe there may be some commonly known ways to do this.

I'll check about the line when I get home, but from what I've read this is an AUO panel and not the 31.5 inch Samsung VA 144hz one, as that one has various issues that's shared by all models other than the C32HG70 that use it, which is why I tried to avoid it.

I'll also write BenQ about the sharpness setting issue, but if there's no way to update the firmware the point might be moot... :/
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 05:39 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 301 (Unique: 220)
There is often a way to update the firmware but not a user friendly one or one where the manufacturer would actually give you the updated firmware. Samsungs can supposedly be user updated but I haven't tried the weird process myself. Most monitors cannot be updated by user as they lack a service USB port and tools to update available to users.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 06:12 AM
Linux Lobbyist

I have the sharpness setting @ its default value and this far it hasn't changed. I changed it to value 7 and after turning off the screen and on again it was still @ 7. I had this type of problem with BenQ EX3501r. After the HDR auto efekt reset the screen to standart it changed the sharpness value to 10 and left it there (from the value 5).
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 06:18 AM
Linux Lobbyist

No, there's no mention of updating the firmware anywhere, but I thought maybe there may be some commonly known ways to do this.

I'll check about the line when I get home, but from what I've read this is an AUO panel and not the 31.5 inch Samsung VA 144hz one, as that one has various issues that's shared by all models other than the C32HG70 that use it, which is why I tried to avoid it.

I'll also write BenQ about the sharpness setting issue, but if there's no way to update the firmware the point might be moot... :/

I dont think that this one is AUO panel. Its - TPV TPM31WQ1DVR01.A . So the manufacturer seems to be AOC .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in