BenQ EX3203R, new curved AUO panel?

post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
BenQ EX3203R, new curved AUO panel?

Hello guys

I just saw the announcement for this upcoming BenQ model:

https://www.google.dk/search?q=BENQ+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

And as far as I know, BenQ exclusively uses AUO optronics panels, so this doesn't seem to be another monitor with the Curved samsung panel. And from what I can on TFT central, quote:

"This looks to be a new AUO panel since the two current M315DVR01.0 and 1.1 panels are curved format"

Source: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/lg_32gk850g.htm

So im guessing this new BenQ will be using either M315DVR01.0 or M315DVR01.1? Has these been used before? Because I can see it's 90% DCI-P3, so this would mean the color gamut also is something like 120-125% sRGB? So almost Quantum dot?

Anything im missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 01:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 34 (Unique: 21)
The LG 32GK850G is using M315DVR panel with backlight by LG, that has already been confirmed by Tftcentral. Even though that panel is supposed to be curved...either LG ordered a custom flat version from AUO or they flattened the panels themselves (if such is even possible). The entire M315DVR series is supposed to be curved, as denoted by the R in the name.

The majority of BenQ monitors use AUO panels but not exclusively, there exist monitors from them with panels from other panel manufacturers. So there's still a chance it uses the Samsung panel again.
But I agree, in terms of probability it is most likely it has M315DVR01.0 CELL with enhanced phosphor WLED (PFS-LED) backlight for the 90% DCI-P3 coverage.

To find out for sure, it's possible to differentiate AUO/Samsung VA matrix by looking at subpixel photo that shows subpixels while partially dimmed. (AUO dims bottom section, Samsung dims top section)
Also some BenQ monitors have easily accessible service menus (Power On+Menu buttons) and there it usually lists the panel.

Last edited by Sedolf; 05-14-2018 at 07:33 AM.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 03:02 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Has anyone found more info on this monitor? According to dutch shops, it should be available mid to late august.

Found a review:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/benq/...gaming-monitor

The monitor doesn't seem all that great. Relatively poor uniformity and response times.

Last edited by Graploos; 08-16-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
Just got one and it serves my purposes just fine. I'm more than satisfied with it.

1/X399 MSI MEG - 2950X + Vega 64 Custom WC - G.Skill 4 x 16GB DR b-die @ 2933MHz - 3 x 1TB Intel NVme M.2 + 1TB & 500MB SSD - Silverstone 1500W - yay
2/Z390 MAXIMUS XI GENE - 9900K/Corsair H115i Pro + 1080Ti - G.Skill TridentZ F4-3600C17D-32GTRZ - 2 x 1TB ADATA SX8200 Pro M.2 NVMe - Seasonic 1300W Platinum - yo
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 300 (Unique: 219)
It's curved, don't care who makes it, probably AUO, removed from my watch list long ago, there is a curved VA in that size also with Gsync but it goes unnoticed. Most likely a curved variant of the same panel/CELL used in LG. No one should be getting curved monitor, not for movies, not for games, not for desktop use.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 12:00 PM
Linux Lobbyist

I bought the BenQ EX3203R and this far (used it about a two weeks now) I'm quite happy with it. Will see what I think about this screen after month or two. It uses 144Hz VA panel and in service menu it shows thats its: TPV TPM31WQ1DVR01.A . No idea who is this TPV, never heard of them. At first i thought it was AU Optronics like moust of the BenQ screens.

The screen has DisplayPort 1.4 and compared to the previews BenQ EX3501R I had, it even works (it shows 1.4 not 1.2 like the other one). The automatic brightness control works like a charm this time and even the HDR looks good and after switching from HDR to SDR it doesn't mess up the sharpness settings (Old EX3501r did that). It's really good for work, reading documents and web. This screen is just easy to look at. And its quite capable in gaming to. I only found some patterns in games that smear. But usually there's not much smearing. It doesn't have the issues I had with the BenQ EX3501r. But when you want really fast gaming monitor go for the Asus 165Hz TN panel. I have one for fast gaming and let me tell you - its night and day compared to any other panels I have used. It's ultra fast and 0% smearing. But for office work I don't like it.

So if this info is usefull for someone then good. I just wanted to give some feedback on the EX3203R.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 12:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by wuudu View Post
I bought the BenQ EX3203R and this far (used it about a two weeks now) I'm quite happy with it. Will see what I think about this screen after month or two. It uses 144Hz VA panel and in service menu it shows thats its: TPV TPM31WQ1DVR01.A . No idea who is this TPV, never heard of them. At first i thought it was AU Optronics like moust of the BenQ screens.

The screen has DisplayPort 1.4 and compared to the previews BenQ EX3501R I had, it even works (it shows 1.4 not 1.2 like the other one). The automatic brightness control works like a charm this time and even the HDR looks good and after switching from HDR to SDR it doesn't mess up the sharpness settings (Old EX3501r did that). It's really good for work, reading documents and web. This screen is just easy to look at. And its quite capable in gaming to. I only found some patterns in games that smear. But usually there's not much smearing. It doesn't have the issues I had with the BenQ EX3501r. But when you want really fast gaming monitor go for the Asus 165Hz TN panel. I have one for fast gaming and let me tell you - its night and day compared to any other panels I have used. It's ultra fast and 0% smearing. But for office work I don't like it.

So if this info is usefull for someone then good. I just wanted to give some feedback on the EX3203R.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPV_Technology
"It sells its products under its own AOC and Envision brands"

So AOC is now manufacturing panels? lol

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 01:20 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TPV_Technology
"It sells its products under its own AOC and Envision brands"

So AOC is now manufacturing panels? lol

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Never used AOC monitors.
This far haven't found any stuck or dead pixels. Or had any issues to mention of. Only thing I dont get it is the color space. It's DCI P3 90%. How is it compared to RGP color space that LCD screens usually have? The colors this far look good and have nice contrast, its VA after all.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 01:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by wuudu View Post
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Never used AOC monitors.
This far haven't found any stuck or dead pixels. Or had any issues to mention of. Only thing I dont get it is the color space. It's DCI P3 90%. How is it compared to RGP color space that LCD screens usually have? The colors this far look good and have nice contrast, its VA after all.
How is the 5% and 50% grey uniformity? and backlight bleed with the curved panel?

https://www.rtings.com/images/test-m.../5-percent.png
https://www.rtings.com/images/test-m...Uniformity.png

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:05 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
How is the 5% and 50% grey uniformity? and backlight bleed with the curved panel?

https://www.rtings.com/images/test-m.../5-percent.png
https://www.rtings.com/images/test-m...Uniformity.png

it looks fine to my eyes. I don't notice anything unusual or bad. The backlight bleed is OK. Maybe its little bit brighter in the lower left side. But nothing I notice during movies, gaming and using this screen for web/work.

I was between this BenQ and MSI gaming 31,5" model (i like the bigger screen with 1440p, easer to read when working). Will c if it was a good investment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in