ASUS 23.8" XG248Q 240hz - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

ASUS 23.8" XG248Q 240hz

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 34)
Quote: Originally Posted by jesyjames View Post
Other than lost signal, the other issue I've had is where the refresh rate gets reported wrong. I've had it lock to 200hz with no other selectable 240hz option in the menu. I assumed it was my cord because it's a little flakey at times(and it maybe), but now I'm starting to wonder.
I had that happen once too, but forget exactly what happened beforehand. I thought it was a windows bug. Even Overwatch switched to 200hz in the game menus, but I didn't have it greyed out and quickly switch back to 240hz. I only had this happen once.

These are coming back in stock Oct 30 on BHP according to the store page. Now I'm debating whether it's worth trying for another one, or If I'm going to just get a refund, as it seems like this a problem on the monitor. Or both of us just got incredibly unlucky? I wonder if these newer ones are revised models or just refilling stock with same revisions.

I wrote Asus live chat and detailed all the info I posted here. They kept asking questions which I gave them the info for already, I literally wrote a ton of information including all the troubleshooting I've done and the first response I got was "Did you try turning it off/on" (which I explained I did if they took the time to actually read what I posted to them). I just don't have the patience for that sh... and dealing with dumb people who can't read, so I just closed it out. I did tell them to pass on the thread to higher ups, but CS rep seemed he had the IQ of a sack of potatoes, so I doubt the info gets anywhere. It was clear the CS wasn't reading anything and just switching between chat windows copy and pasting their script, so annoying.

Can you guys post your GPU model and drivers being used?

Last edited by gene-z; 10-27-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 10:57 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by jesyjames View Post
Other than lost signal, the other issue I've had is where the refresh rate gets reported wrong. I've had it lock to 200hz with no other selectable 240hz option in the menu. I assumed it was my cord because it's a little flakey at times(and it maybe), but now I'm starting to wonder.
Quote: Originally Posted by gene-z View Post
Today my display went completely black (like signal lost, but without the message) and came back on nearly instantly. This thing is acting really weird.

Are you having these issues described mista, with lost signal, etc?
I'm suddenly having signal lost problems since yesterday with my XG2703. It fixes by hard booting the computer... maybe there's a driver/windows problem going on?

Last edited by Leopardi; 10-27-2018 at 11:03 AM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 01:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 25)
I'm using a 1080 Ti on 411.70 drivers.

Z370
(16 items)
X99
(14 items)
CPU
i7 8700k
Motherboard
Msi Z370-A Pro
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Hard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
Power Supply
Cooler Master V750
Cooling
Cryorig H7
Case
Cooler Master H500P
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Asus XG248Q
Keyboard
Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Logitech G402
Audio
AKG K7XX
Other
SMSL M6 DAC/AMP Combo
CPU
I7 5820k
Motherboard
Msi X99S SLI Plus
GPU
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti
RAM
Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200rpm
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 4TB 7200rpm
Power Supply
Corsair RM1000
Case
Corsair 750D
Monitor
Acer X27
Keyboard
Corsair K63 Wireless
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250ohm
Other
Objective ODAC+O2 Amp
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by MistaSparkul View Post
I'm using a 1080 Ti on 411.70 drivers.
Still having no lost signal issues?

Exchanged mine, same signal lost problem, tried DDU with latest drivers, same problem. This one doesn't require swapping the DP ports, a simple power button cycle works, which is better. Granted it only happens 1-2 times every 3-4 days, it's still annoying. Might try a clean install, but I'm leaning towards a return, as my replacement also has really blotchy uniformity in certain spots. I can see faded areas really badly in dark grey/light grey content.

So weird I never had the lost signal issue with Alienware 240hz, or Dell S24 165hz.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 83)
Still having no lost signal issues?

Exchanged mine, same signal lost problem, tried DDU with latest drivers, same problem. This one doesn't require swapping the DP ports, a simple power button cycle works, which is better. Granted it only happens 1-2 times every 3-4 days, it's still annoying. Might try a clean install, but I'm leaning towards a return, as my replacement also has really blotchy uniformity in certain spots. I can see faded areas really badly in dark grey/light grey content.

So weird I never had the lost signal issue with Alienware 240hz, or Dell S24 165hz.
Came to check on this thread, saw this post, not surprised at all, won't even look at this one again lol. More i look at other monitors etc the more i realize how good of a purchase the S2417DG has been. It has typical TN pitfalls, but i haven't had any wonky issues with it whatsoever, and its still easily the best 1440p competitive gaming monitor on the market.

post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Malinkadink View Post
Came to check on this thread, saw this post, not surprised at all, won't even look at this one again lol. More i look at other monitors etc the more i realize how good of a purchase the S2417DG has been. It has typical TN pitfalls, but i haven't had any wonky issues with it whatsoever, and its still easily the best 1440p competitive gaming monitor on the market.
The Dell's also had complaints of not waking up properly, losing signal, and requiring a power cycle to get signal (check Amazon reviews, it's filled with people complaining of the issue, even after disabling power save mode). There is even someone providing a detailed fix as they say it's a Windows bug, so I think there needs to be more investigating of this signal lose issue before blaming the monitor itself in this scenario. I never had these issues with my S24.

And as far as blotchy uniformity on my replacement, every monitor is a lottery on what type of quality you will get hence why the term is used so much in monitor discussions. Just like I exchanged my first S24 because it had really bad glow in the corners and bad BLB issues. Go into any monitor thread and you'll see the same old issues of people posting issues with BLB, Glow, etc - no monitor is safe from these issues. This topic should always be, 'which is the most tolerable for me', and the first XG248Q I got, I would have gladly kept if I didn't get lost signal issue.

This is still a really nice monitor, well at least the first one I got was

And for Mista, I read a newegg review that says you can toggle the OD levels when using ELMB, but it doesn't work through the OSD and has to be done through the software. Haven't gotten around to testing it myself, but I remember you asking earlier about OD with ELMB on.

Last edited by gene-z; 11-09-2018 at 10:07 AM.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 03:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 107 (Unique: 83)
The Dell's also had complaints of not waking up properly, losing signal, and requiring a power cycle to get signal (check Amazon reviews, it's filled with people complaining of the issue, even after disabling power save mode). There is even someone providing a detailed fix as they say it's a Windows bug, so I think there needs to be more investigating of this signal lose issue before blaming the monitor itself in this scenario. I never had these issues with my S24.

And as far as blotchy uniformity on my replacement, every monitor is a lottery on what type of quality you will get hence why the term is used so much in monitor discussions. Just like I exchanged my first S24 because it had really bad glow in the corners and bad BLB issues. Go into any monitor thread and you'll see the same old issues of people posting issues with BLB, Glow, etc - no monitor is safe from these issues. This topic should always be, 'which is the most tolerable for me', and the first XG248Q I got, I would have gladly kept if I didn't get lost signal issue.

This is still a really nice monitor, well at least the first one I got was

And for Mista, I read a newegg review that says you can toggle the OD levels when using ELMB, but it doesn't work through the OSD and has to be done through the software. Haven't gotten around to testing it myself, but I remember you asking earlier about OD with ELMB on.
It's true any display is a lottery except maybe ultra expensive pro displays that isn't for normal consumer use. I got an OLED TV because i was sick of the poor contrast, bleeding, and glow of normal monitors. Alas, it has its own issues banding to be specific, so it's like no display is free from issues. Plasmas were pretty solid, so were CRTs minus being bulky and large heat dispensers. MicroLED in small form factor is still a long way off, and unfortunately there are no affordable OLED displays in the 27-40" range. JOLED may have something in a couple years, but till then there isn't really an ultimate AIO display. I want to get a nice 240hz monitor but it is going to have to be 1440p as 1080p is too much of an eyesore for me these days, but im still waiting for those to make their debut. I know they'll be TN, but really TN isn't too bad provided you get some decent OSD options to calibrate it. A 1000:1 TN with gamma options, 2pt white balance, and 6 axis color adjustments would be fantastic. The XF270HU has such options in its OSD and it turned out to be a really good looking display when dialed in minus the IPS glow in dark scenes. Gsync displays unfortunately have extremely sparse OSDs vs their FS counterparts.

EDIT: I've been eyeing the Acer Nitro XV273K when it releases as $900 for a 4k 144hz display is tantalizing, and knowing Microcenter i'll probably be able to get one for $800 from them, which is what the 1440p 144hz gsync displays launched at and maintained that price for a long time.

Last edited by Malinkadink; 11-12-2018 at 03:19 AM.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 12:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Leopardi View Post
I'm suddenly having signal lost problems since yesterday with my XG2703. It fixes by hard booting the computer... maybe there's a driver/windows problem going on?
417.01 notes has this problem acknowledged now, but not yet fixed:
Quote:
Display corruption may occur on higher refresh rate DisplayPort monitors upon resume from sleep mode.
It's listed as a Windows 10 issue, so it might be just another Win 10 update bs.

Last edited by Leopardi; 11-26-2018 at 12:48 PM.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 05:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 8)
I have this Asus XG248Q 240hz, altho I´m selling it. It doesn´t h ave any of this behaviour using HDMI 2.0 connection, so this might help someone having this DisplayPort suspend mode issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in