AOC Q3279VWFD8 31.5" IPS 2560x1440px@75Hz + Adaptive sync - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AOC Q3279VWFD8 31.5" IPS [email protected] + Adaptive sync

post #71 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
Overclocker

Rep: 284 (Unique: 209)
No, I don't think I've messed with service menu, didn't find a way to get there unless I forgot and it's in OP=1st post of the thread. Never heard of any service menu being able to edit built in presets.

Personally I use warm color = 50/50/50 as my unit is default around 6500K, lucky I suppose. Gamma1 = 2.2. But of course that is a little over sRGB and if you want to limit to sRGB only you're better off getting a color meter (Xrite colormunki, i1 display, etc. that sort of thing) and making a custom color/ICC profile for your specific monitor that the GPU will use to alter it's output, which when set to 10bit should not result in so much banding as 8bit output. The built in presets could very well be in firmware uneditable even to AOC without reflashing the firmware, as in same for all units, not adjusted for every unit separately.

The built in sRGB preset is "usable" but has issues as mentioned in reviews. If you need sRGB in games and movies you could force it via ICC profile loaded in Reshade and MadVR.

No problems playing games on this one, be it racing games at night time in the game = a lot of black and blacks or playing bright FPS such as Apex Legends.
Personally I like this over sRGB extended lighting, it's not too much and looks good. On Samsung VAs I found it too much with their QDs especially.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
The built in sRGB preset is "usable" but has issues as mentioned in reviews. If you need sRGB in games and movies you could force it via ICC profile loaded in Reshade and MadVR.

Is there any good tutorial for this? Thanks!

EDIT: Found this, thanks anyway https://hub.displaycal.net/wiki/3d-l...using-reshade/

Last edited by dmr2; 03-10-2019 at 01:47 PM.
post #73 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
Overclocker

I don't have a meter so I don't use these features, there are enforcers to get ICC work in some games, in other you would have to use ReShade and for videos MadVR should be able to load some color calibration. This all also depends whether you run any of these in Windows=Windowed=Borderless mode or true Exclusive Fullscreen, these extra steps are necessary for Ex. Fullscreen since everything else should get passed somehow through the same calibration as your desktop does.

The easiest way to test would be to have a testing profile that makes it easy to see that it has been applied.

The enforcer is on Guru3d:

Color Sustainerv105-[Guru3D.com].zip
[Application] Color Sustainer - ICC Profile Enforcer _ guru3D Forums.html
Games & Color Profiles _ guru3D Forums.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 04:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

I convert icc profile with displayCal in 3dlut and with reshade it works in games. Games go from extended color space to sRGB. If anyone need lut for this AOC just tell me
post #75 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 06:03 PM
No more emoji texts :(

Does this use the same panel as the HP Omen 32 / 32Q?

My 32q overclocks to 75hz effortlessly and is free sync?

| Last Review : Noblechairs Icon | Overclock.net Facebook, Twitter and YouTube | Builds In Progress [The AORUS] [The POS] |

post #76 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
Overclocker

HP Omen 32 as far as I can see is some old discontinued VA monitor. So that would bad a definite no, this AOC uses BOE IPS ADS panel, the 75Hz isn't overclock either, it's right there in EDID for user selection. Adaptive sync range is around 40-75Hz but some units can probably do 38-76 and get LFC working, not that anyone should need LFC anyway, playing at such low framerates one has bigger problems than tearing.

I don't know of any other 1440p 75Hz IPS, there maybe were some in 27" but old and poor quality. VA at 32", thanks no.
post #77 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

I changed GPU recently. I had gtx1070 and now gtx1080ti, and gsync it is different betweent those two cards. I had better expirience with gtx1070. Have some stuttering with gtx1080ti, also some flickering so had to lower freesync range from 38-76 to 39-76. So it is not same expirience on different cards, it is not up to monitor all the times.
post #78 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 08:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by dmr2 View Post
I convert icc profile with displayCal in 3dlut and with reshade it works in games. Games go from extended color space to sRGB. If anyone need lut for this AOC just tell me
I'v wrote privet mesage to you couple days ago. Guess, you did't get it... Can you please upload your calibrated sRGB profile here?
post #79 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 12:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Sorry username111, didn't see

You can not convert color space in windows, you need color aware aplications, games can convert color space with reshade LUT.fx effect. Run latest reshade and choose game you want then uncheck all effects, just check LUT.fx. Then go to game folder, where is executable, then folder reshade-shaders\Textures. In this folder paste this LUT.png file and replace original one https://ufile.io/6vo51 or try this one https://ufile.io/l0jcb Than start the game and press home button then continue and check box for LUT.fx, you can clearly see on the right side changing in color space.

For windows you can try to use mine icc profile for this monitor, put this https://ufile.io/wmjtr file in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and then choose it as monitor default color profile in color managemen.

Hope this helps

Last edited by dmr2; 03-15-2019 at 12:54 PM.
post #80 of 81 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 10:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by dmr2 View Post
Sorry username111, didn't see

You can not convert color space in windows, you need color aware aplications, games can convert color space with reshade LUT.fx effect. Run latest reshade and choose game you want then uncheck all effects, just check LUT.fx. Then go to game folder, where is executable, then folder reshade-shaders\Textures. In this folder paste this LUT.png file and replace original one https://ufile.io/6vo51 or try this one https://ufile.io/l0jcb Than start the game and press home button then continue and check box for LUT.fx, you can clearly see on the right side changing in color space.

For windows you can try to use mine icc profile for this monitor, put this https://ufile.io/wmjtr file in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and then choose it as monitor default color profile in color managemen.

Hope this helps
I'm total dumb in color calibration. May be i'm doing something wrong, because this profile did'nt cut the gamut to sRGB for me at all. There is a little change in gamma curve, but that oversaturated calors are stays. Not like if i switch monitor to sRGB preset, that makes colors looks right, but also making brightness control unavailable. i've set it through CLtest, through windows color management and through photochop, it's the same. ...Help...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in