Qnix overclock stuck on 60hz when everything else shows at 120hz - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Qnix overclock stuck on 60hz when everything else shows at 120hz

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Qnix overclock stuck on 60hz when everything else shows at 120hz

I'm trying to revive my old Qnix QX2710LED by overclocking it but I'm having trouble. I followed the instructions on the original qnix overclock thread but it seems to be stuck at 60hz. I have a nvidia 1070 card. What I did so far:

1. Windows display settings show 120hz

2. Nvidia Control Panel shows 120hz (custom resolution)

3. Qnix driver updated.

4. Blurbusters test shows 120hz

Here is the problem: Monitor is still at 60hz. I can tell because I have a 144hz and 60hz monitor next to the Qnix and the desktop mouse movement is jagged just like at 60hz.

Last edited by uuhoever; 12-14-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 12:57 PM
1689 Federalist

Rep: 239 (Unique: 206)
Quote: Originally Posted by uuhoever View Post
I'm trying to revive my old Qnix QX2710LED by overclocking it but I'm having trouble. I followed the instructions on the original qnix overclock thread but it seems to be stuck at 60hz. I have a nvidia 1070 card. What I did so far:

1. Windows display settings show 120hz

2. Nvidia Control Panel shows 120hz (custom resolution)

3. Qnix driver updated.

4. Blurbusters test shows 120hz

Here is the problem: Monitor is still at 60hz. I can tell because I have a 144hz and 60hz monitor next to the Qnix and the desktop mouse movement is jagged just like at 60hz.
I haven't seen that before, has it overclocked successfully in the past or is this your first attempt?

I would think if the blur busters is showing 120 it should be on? I agree though when I would set mine to 120 I would instantly see a difference on the desktop.

Black Box
(11 items)
CPU
R5 2600X
Motherboard
Asus Strix B450-I
GPU
EVGA RTX 2060 Ultra XC
RAM
GSkill 16gb 3200c14 Flare
Hard Drive
500gb SSD
Power Supply
EVGA G1+ 850
Cooling
Macho Rev B
Case
NZXT H200 Black
Monitor
LG 32GK650F-B 1440p 144hz
Mouse
Sensei Raw
Audio
Sony Core Bookshelves
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
I haven't seen that before, has it overclocked successfully in the past or is this your first attempt?

I would think if the blur busters is showing 120 it should be on? I agree though when I would set mine to 120 I would instantly see a difference on the desktop.
I had it for years but this is the first time I'm trying to overclock it. I'm late to the hz party. I got the Acer 144hz monitor the other day then I remembered I had this Qnix stored and wanted to give it a try. I searched on the qnix thread and didn't see anyone with this similar issue.

I even set the Acer 144hz down to 120hz to see how the mouse moved on the desktop and it still is much smoother than at 60hz. The Qnix mouse is definitely at 60hz.

As for blur busters, I disconnected all my other monitors and it did show the Qnix at 120hz but mouse acts like 60hz. I have no idea what is going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 04:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 81 (Unique: 73)
Is it the version with multiple inputs? Only the dual-link DVI version can overclock correctly.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by ToastyX View Post
Is it the version with multiple inputs? Only the dual-link DVI version can overclock correctly.
I'm not sure. It has a DVI and displayport input. I tried the displayport and I can't set it higher than 60hz on Nvidia Control Panel at all so I've been using the DVI port.

By dual DVI version, do you mean, it ONLY has that one DVI input? Thanks.

EDIT: I searched a bit more and my monitor is TRUE10 with the multiple inputs so I guess it can only overclock to 85hz. Thanks for pointing it out. It seems like some could overclock to 110-120hz with major frame dropping. Either way, I think I'm done with this monitor and will try to sell it.

Last edited by uuhoever; 12-15-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in