Blue Spots on Montior - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Blue Spots on Montior

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Blue Spots on Montior

Hello everyone, I have had an Asus PG348Q for close to 3 years now and just spotted 2 "blue spots" today. The spots don't look like dead pixels, the spots show up even if I use different DP or HDMI cables and different slots on my graphics card. I also tested my graphics cards on another monitor and there were no spots so I am sure its my monitor. The blue spots are always in the exact same spot, can it be burn-in? I also tried to clean the screen but it seems like the spots are below the screen glass.

I recently moved my monitor from my dorm to back home. My mom held it on her lap and we were sure to be careful. This was about 1.5 weeks ago and everything worked fine but I saw the blue spots today, so I'm not sure if moving it did any damage. I don't know if they were here from before or they happened within the last day as they are pretty hard to see. Getting my phone camera to pick them up took a little trial and error, I had to lower contrast pretty low. They are noticeable to the naked eye on a white background though and I spotted them while reading comments on YouTube. Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monitor Issue.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	242990  

Last edited by Addsome; 01-02-2019 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in