[Solved, please close] Need help to decide UW monitors PG348Q vs X34p - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Solved, please close] Need help to decide UW monitors PG348Q vs X34p

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
[Solved, please close] Need help to decide UW monitors PG348Q vs X34p

So I have been eyeballing UW monitors for a year or so and I set my sight on PG348Q or the X34P.
I need help to decide which of these UW monitors I should buy. They are not to meant to game on,its pure productivity and I want 2 of them as side monitors while my middle monitor is a PG279Q.
It'd like the highest possible refresh rate for Windows without any scanlines.

Right now I have 3 monitor setup; Dell u2515h(left)PG279Q(middle)Dell u2913WM,the 2913WM monitor is measly 2560x1080 and the DPI is horrible and I need more pixels as of this moment because I always have Corsair Link,Task manager,Afterburner,RealTemp,GPU-Z,CPU-Z. All these bring something different than the other sw an.
I'm interested in networking,rack servers,switches,routers and I'm going on a specialized school for MCSA Certs and Cisco certs and I do alot of work on VM's for learning and school and the extra real estate that the UW monitors bring will allow me to have xls,docx documents open,while browsing and having multiple VM's open.
The thing is that I cant find anywhere is the radius of the 2 UW monitors since the PG348Q have 3800RR and the X34P has 1900R I think. I have 2 desks which I have set as a L-shaped desk and the left monitor is facing a stone pipe which barely have enough cm to spare for a UW and the right side is also very tight with a rackmount server+monitor on the very edge and I have just about enough of 80-81cm from my middle monitor.
I know the monitor stands on the pg348q and x34p really takes up space with the tripod design and I sort of have corners for the back of the tripod design on right and left side.

I have thought of buying 2 UW monitors in 1 buy; PG348q and the x34p so I can test them out side by side for 60 open days where I live and the the other monitor back after I have decided which 1 to keep.
option 2; buy 2x x34p monitors.

I also have thought about the Dell UW,but I also would like not to have 60hz only and the option to test out surround gaming sometime.

But I'm also thinking of the pg348q has the older panel while the x34p has the newer panel. I have plans on buying these 2 monitors by the end of this month.
But I need help from people who have experience from both sides of the monitors.

Things like I'm interested to find out is:
Curved radius 3800R vs 1900R
how monitor is calibrated by manual settings from tftcentral.co.uk
Scanlines
Chroma sampling like 4:4:4, 4:4:2 and such on DP interface
Blur Reduction on pg348q vs x34p
White Uniformity
Coilwhine
Other things I have might have missed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mobo: Asus X99-E WS USB 3.1 running a 5930K stock and cooling: H100i v2 | Mem: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 32gb 2800(CMD32GX4M4A2800C16) | GPU: 1080 seahawk X | Boot drive 950 pro | HDD's: WD black 5x 6TB | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 | Monitors: pg279q, Dell U2515H and Dell U2913WM, running triple screen with pg279q as main | FANs: 2x Noiseblocker eLoop Fan B12-P 140mm PWM(replaced stock fans on h100i v2) 2x Noiseblocker eLoop Fan B14-2 140mm(front fans) 1x Noiseblocker eLoop Fan B14-PS 140mm PWM (in front of PSU) | OS Win 10 Pro x64 | NAS: TS-831X RAID6 with 4x6TB. UPS: BlueWalker PW UPS VI 2000 PSW Schuko |
Network Infrastructure: Cisco SB Smart SG220-24p | Cisco RV325 router | Cisco catalyst 2950 switch | BlueWalker PW UPS VFI 1000 | TOTEN 19" Rack Floorstand 37U 600x800 |

Last edited by zlpw0ker; 01-07-2019 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Solved
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in