I do buildings engineering CAD work
I spend my work day doing creating virtual 3D models, blueprints and drilling down through menu and dialog boxes, etc.
It would be a huge benefit to have a large panel with lots of pixels to maximize screen real estate
I’m looking for a large format monitor for the office that I will pay for myself so I can’t get too crazy with getting “the best”.
- 40”-ish size range,
- Matte finish
- VESA Mountable
3 models seem to fit my budget price range.
- Acer ET430K wmiiqppx ($799 CAD)
- LG 43UD79-B ($836 CAD)
- Dell P4317Q ($729 CAD, open box)
All seem to have somewhat mixed reviews, but none seem to review terribly.
According to the comments on Newegg, some units of the Acer ET430K seeming to have a known black screen issue (QC lemons?)
My concerns are
- They are all slightly older models (didn’t see anything announced at this size/ price range at CES)
- Screen tearing? Display lag? These are monitors, so I should be in the clear?
- As my primary work panel, I’m most concerned about eyestrain.
According to my research the Asus GTX1060 3gb can output dual 4k panels.
So I think I’m in the clear here too for a 2nd panel
Hoping you guys can double check me before I pull the trigger
or maybe offer me your thoughts or alternatives I’ve missed.