Looking for a 27", focus on color accuracy. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for a 27", focus on color accuracy.

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Looking for a 27", focus on color accuracy.

So long story short, I bought 2 Dell U2417H's around 2 and a half years ago, and both developed the exact same issue (heavy contrast loss, and a red tint around the edges). And since the second one got the issue after the warranty ended, I'm in the market for a new monitor. This time I'm buying only a single one (the Dell I managed to replace is moving to secondary duty), and considering the jump to 27" this time.

-Max budget is 300€, have no issues buying from all over the EU
-Above all, I like my color fidelity. The Dells I have are fantastic in this regard (when not broken down anyway), and I'd like to continue with this.
-1440p would be a nice to have (my 1070ti should be capable enough for it), but I can live without it (use 1080p 27" at work and don't find it really annoying). The monitor will sit at little over arm's length.
-Will be connected over Displayport
-VESA100 is a requirement, Will go on my monitor stand.
-high refresh rate, now that's something I don't need. I don't game that much, and when I do it's slow paced ones. Plus I already tried a few 144hz monitors, and while I notice the diference, it's not something I need.

I have no issues with still going with Dell (my cousin's U2414's are still going strong, might have just gotten a defective batch), and have been eyeing the P2719H, but I'm open to more recommendations from other brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 12:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
I like the LG 27" 4K IPS displays. There are a quite a few different models with the same panel but different case colors and stands; Since you have a vesa mount I recommend the LG 27UD58 for 1 display or 27UD68 for multidisplays, There is also a newer HDR version but I don't think it's worth the price increase.

I manually calibrated mine with HCFR and it's within 3D for all colors except orange which is 5D. Took me a while to dial in my settings because the monitor has different gamma modes and an independent low level gamma adjuistement (I use gamma 0 & black stabilizer 60). 99% SRGB. Overall I think it's the best 60hz SRGB monitor given cost & performance.

Last edited by bomerr; 02-02-2019 at 12:34 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 293 (Unique: 214)
300 EUR is low for a color accuracy monitor I think as for that purpose you would want some of these: BenQ SW271, SW320, PV270 or at least PD2720U, PD2700U, PD3220U, EIZO, NEC, ... at best really a monitor with hardware calibration support.
But you could get away with some cheapo IPS because that's all you will be able to get under 300 EUR. Cheapo LG 4k 27", maybe would fit, maybe. Nope that's 425+ EUR for LG 27UK650.
You could try some pure low end office IPS Dell, HP, etc. which are not for color accuracy though but still better than having same thing in TN or VA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in