Overclock.net banner

Display 1080p on 720p laptop Monitor

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Riseol 
#1 ·
I am trying to display 1080p sceensize on my 720p Laptop monitor but cannot get anything to work. The higher resolution allows me to fit more on the screen and work more easily. I know that my screen does not contain the physical pixels for this, but just want the 1080p size. AMD and Nvidia have Virtual Super Resolution and Dynamic super resolution that can do this easily, but my laptop only has the intel HD520 graphics on the i5 6200u. I know this is possible somehow because when I connect an external 1080p Monitor, by laptop screen also goes to 1080p, and everything looks good and works well.

I have tried running Intel Custom Resolution but I get the "bandwith exceded" message.
I have also tried the Custom Resolution Utility, but this does not work with Intel graphics.
I tried the registry hack to lower the scale to under 100%, but this does not change the scale at all. It does show higher resolutions than are normally available, like 1600x900, but i get a black screen when applying these.

Has anyone accomplished this before? there must be at least a way for me to trick the computer into thinking there is a second monitor attached so that I can display the 1080p screen size.
Any Ideas welcome, google search has found me nothing useful.

The laptop has windows 10 home edition and intel hd520 graphics with a 720p screen.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.