Any Glossy 1440p or above IPS monitors? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Any Glossy 1440p or above IPS monitors?

post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
junglechocolate Level 1

Any Glossy 1440p or above IPS monitors?

Hi

I've had a thickly bezeled Korean 1440p IPS monitor for a while. It does the job very well and does look crisper than my Dell Ultra sharp monitor even at a bigger size but this was one of the first Korean monitors and only has DVI. Any recommendations for a newer or reasonably sized 25 to 32" 1440p glossy monitors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Overclocker
JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about JackCY has a spectacular aura about

No one makes glossy anymore.

Something like HP 27es may be close, ask others who have it.
Q3279VWF VA is close to glossy.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 AM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 AM
New to Overclock.net
12345us3r Level 1

The AOC Q3279VWF's coating is as good as it gets, no matter how much you are willing to pay. Be warned, though. The VA panel smears a lot.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 AM
New to Overclock.net
h2o ANALyst

I bought a Dell 27 inch G Sync 1440p @ 144hz and I love the thing, has a bunch of usb ports and full rotation. Great stand 10/10 would recommend. Here is a link for amazon so you know the exact one i am referring to. (https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Gaming-S.../dp/B0149QBOF0) Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0" Screen LED-Lit Monitor with G-SYNC
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
junglechocolate Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
No one makes glossy anymore.

Something like HP 27es may be close, ask others who have it.
Q3279VWF VA is close to glossy.
Yeah its sad they don't. But yeah, I'd take something as close to glossy as possible. But Not pure MATTE or aggresive AG coating
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:27 PM
New to Overclock.net
8051 Level 1

What's so good about a glossy panel? Wouldn't it tend to reflect ambient light more?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 01:42 PM
To The Game
Chargeit is on a distinguished road Chargeit is on a distinguished road Chargeit is on a distinguished road

Quote: Originally Posted by 8051 View Post
What's so good about a glossy panel? Wouldn't it tend to reflect ambient light more?
Glossy enhances colors and contrast. It's the reason you see glossy panels on phones, tablets, laptops and AIO's that are competing with each other in a showroom. A glossy screen just pops. Though the trade off is you have to worry about ambient light and possible glare. If you can control the lighting then a cheap glossy screen will look better then an expensive screen using a matte coating.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net
Kaltenbrunner Level 1

Glossy still scares me too much. I can remember how bad reflections were on big CRT TVs growing up.

If I moved into the wrong house, with the wrong lighting and windows, and had crazy reflections, I'd go crazy.

If I had more money tho, I'd buy both, and a robot arm to switch between monitors when ever needed. Glossy must look so nice sometimes. Never had 1 before, all went with matte.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
junglechocolate Level 1

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaltenbrunner View Post
Glossy still scares me too much. I can remember how bad reflections were on big CRT TVs growing up.

If I moved into the wrong house, with the wrong lighting and windows, and had crazy reflections, I'd go crazy.

If I had more money tho, I'd buy both, and a robot arm to switch between monitors when ever needed. Glossy must look so nice sometimes. Never had 1 before, all went with matte.
A curtain solves most of those problems and or proper placement. I'll take the glare over teh muted picture you get from AG coating. its so gross and dull. My old 27" 1440p Korean Potallion still looks way better than my 2016 25" 1440p Ultrasharp. Picture has so much pop and vibrance to it that AG severely hinders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in