2019 Korean Monitor? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

2019 Korean Monitor?

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
2019 Korean Monitor?

I bought the QNIX Korean monitor a few years back (OC'ed to 96hz), still runs great but looking to upgrade. Was wondering if they have updated models?

Looking for: 1080p, 144hz or 240hz, no preference on size. Just going to be used for cs go and daily use.

Thx yall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 08:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

I want to know this too. I made a mistake in buying the Alienware Ultrawide. It has ****ty scaling and HDMI 1.4 for such an expensive display.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
They don't seem to be notably cheap(er) than what brand names offer these days so it may not be worth the hassle imo.

Back in the day people tried these because getting IPS QHD monitor in other ways was way more expensive. Now you can get one for below $400, importing one from Korea isn't going get cheaper than that and there are risks involved of course.

Like if you only want a 1080p 144Hz, there are so many good cheap options, why bother looking for a no brand KR monitor. AOC C24G1 is really good and only goes for $200, you get warranty and everything. If you want TN, ViewSonic XG24, it's same price. Maybe you can save a little getting a KR monitor but is it worth it? It's not like it's going to be $100. That's why people don't care about KR monitors anymore.

Last edited by EmilMR; 02-14-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 136 (Unique: 103)
Where do you live?
If you're in the US you have a ton of options for cheap 1080p panels, if you want 240hz you're limited to TN but if 144hz is fine you could get an IPS panel which looks much better.
I won the lottery with the Nixeus 27" EDG, while that's not what you're looking for I'd totally buy another panel from them.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just an update to this thread, i went with the following:

Dell D2719HGF. Price was around $240 CAD before taxes but there were promotional offers i had that made me go through with the purchase, 24% in savings through discount codes and cashback.

Everything from Korean sellers was much more expensive, i guess they're less competitive now or they might have been 1440p 144hz whereas the Dell monitor above is a TN 1080p 144hz Freesync. But still, always run a risk of getting hit with customs/duties with overseas orders, warranty, etc..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 12:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 16)
I'm on my 3rd Korean 1440p IPS. A 16:10 32" fried a big chip. Then a 27" died for whatever reason, I thought it was my 980ti. Now this 1 has lost it's DVI input for some reason. So time to retire it now, and get a 27" 144Hz panel.

This time I want a warranty tho, and with shipping inside Canada. I wish we had walk-in stores that sell this stuff here, I think there's only Walmart, Staples and BestBuy that might, just might carry top-end gaming monitors. I don't think small stores have anything besides low-end monitors.

Last edited by Kaltenbrunner; 02-22-2019 at 01:01 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in