Acer X27 Rhythmic Frame Drops? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Acer X27 Rhythmic Frame Drops?

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 342 (Unique: 278)
Acer X27 Rhythmic Frame Drops?

I have been using my new Acer X27 (4K, 144Hz, HDR) monitor and so far I've been blown away by its capabilities. There is one thing that I've been experiencing which I can't seem to resolve.

The game I play most is Black Ops 4 multiplayer. For the most part, everything runs smooth and the overall experience is great. At least once during each gaming session though I will get very rhythmic frame drops. This seems to have some relation to the matches themselves. One match will be smooth and free of issues and when the next one loads I will get the frame drops. This will continue until either the next match loads or I Alt+Tab to desktop and Alt+Tab back.

There doesn't seem to be a correlation between the problem and specific maps or game modes. Sometimes it happens within the first few matches while other times it will happen after a couple hours of gameplay. Once the problem goes away it will typically stay away for a while.

I have some previous experience on a PG279Q and this sort of thing never happened that I can recall. It seems to have been introduced when I switched to the X27.

Nothing else was changed with my system. To be extra safe I tried several previous graphics drivers (using DDU to wipe) and removed my modest CPU overclock. There was no change in stuttering behavior.

Tech:
I am playing BO4 at 4K with 10-bit + HDR @ 98FPS. GSync is active as well as VSync via the Nvidia Control Panel. V-Sync and Frame Limit is disabled in-game.

System:
6950X not-overclocked at the moment
RTX 2080 Ti
32GB 2666

Any other X27 or PG27UQ owners out there experiencing this? Otherwise, any theories on what is going on here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Ops Stutter.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	258670  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Nvidia card uses software scheduler... check cpu usage just in case.. if it maxes out at your frame drop, try to overclock your cpu.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
It could be a recent windows patch that caused all kinds of wonkyness too. They just released another one that was supposed to fix some framedrops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 72)
I too am playing Black ops 4 and I am also seeing huge frame drops sporadically, it's happening on some matches and not on others. Though in my case the issue resolves itself without my input. As far as I can tell the problems started happening after a recent Windows update.

Edit: I wanted to add that my FPS counter does not show the drop in frames which leads me to believe this is possibly a system wide micro stutter. It's sort of funny as I can see that I am at 150 FPS and yet my screen is completely frozen and nothing is moving for that brief moment.

Last edited by speed_demon; 03-15-2019 at 04:01 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in