Using 144hz PC to buy concert tickets - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Using 144hz PC to buy concert tickets

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Using 144hz PC to buy concert tickets

I have some concert tickets for a music group that I need to buy next week and I'm planning on going to a local internet cafe to try my luck using their PCs with 144hz. The tickets I'm planning on buying are in high demand and are likely to sell out within one minute, based off of prior concerts and their most recent sold out venue. However, I'm extremely unfamiliar with gaming monitors and whether or not if 144hz PCs will make any difference to my internet speed. My internet at home isn't the worst, but I'd like to maximize my chances of getting tickets as much as I can.

May I get a breakdown as to how fast a 144hz PC is and if it'll make a difference when used for browsing purposes instead of games? I'd really appreciate some clarification! Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
It will allow you to time travel in the past to the moment the tickets were printed.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 135 (Unique: 102)
The screen is refreshing faster, that's it.
If you were standing next to some one (using a 60hz panel) on the same network and you refreshed a page at the same time you would see the image roughly 9ms before they would which would make almost no difference at all. Still 9ms is something I suppose.

I'd follow this guide:
https://www.vulture.com/2016/10/best...icks-tips.html

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by white owl View Post
The screen is refreshing faster, that's it.
If you were standing next to some one (using a 60hz panel) on the same network and you refreshed a page at the same time you would see the image roughly 9ms before they would which would make almost no difference at all. Still 9ms is something I suppose.

I'd follow this guide:
https://www.vulture.com/2016/10/best...icks-tips.html
Thanks for the reply and for sending the link! The article was extremely helpful. May I ask if all the 144hz PCs in the internet has its own wired connection, would it lessen the potential lag that may happen?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 135 (Unique: 102)
There's no such thing as a 144hz PC, just the monitor runs at 144hz.
Yes a wired connection would likely be slightly better than wireless on the same network but wireless has come so far even that would be a very small difference. Your best bet is simply to have good internet and have as many people as possible all trying to get them, if you all end up with tickets to a sold out show you should be able to sell them...or you could be in communication the whole time so you don't buy more than you need.

You can pretty much take the 144hz monitor out of this equation entirely, it's not relevant.

Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedyVT
If you're not doing extreme things to parts for the sake of extreme things regardless of the part you're not a real overclocker.
Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
The key is generally not which brands are good but which specific products are. Motherboards and GPUs are perfect examples of companies having everything from golden to garbage function/quality.
Hot n Bothered
(12 items)
CPU
4790k 4.7Ghz
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkII 2
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
16gb G.Skill Sniper 2400Mhz
Hard Drive
2x Kingston v300 120gb RAID 0
Hard Drive
WD Blue
Power Supply
Seasonic 620w M12 II EVO
Cooling
Cooler Master 212 Evo
Case
Corsair 450D
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Nixeus EDG27
Other
I have pretty lights.
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in