MSI Optix MAG321CQR vs. LG 32GK650F-B (basically better color vs. smoother gameplay) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

MSI Optix MAG321CQR vs. LG 32GK650F-B (basically better color vs. smoother gameplay)

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 253 (Unique: 188)
MSI Optix MAG321CQR vs. LG 32GK650F-B (basically better color vs. smoother gameplay)

After lots of reading and price comparison I have narrowed my search down to a few 32" 1440p freesync monitors from Microcenter. I prefer to stick with Microcenter because I want to purchase it from a brick and mortar store and we all know that the Best Buy is only good when they price match but their sales associates suck...

And I want to stick with 32" because it is roughly the same width as my 29" ultrawide and I'm used to this size for over 5 years now.

https://www.microcenter.com/endeca/C...OCZwYWdlPTE%3D

I am really leaning towards the MSI which is $350 after rebate. The MSI seems to be slightly better overall compared to the LG.

MSI Optix MAG321CQR:
curved display,
DCI-P3 92%, sRGB 122%,
Gaming OSD App (control the monitor exclusively from the Windows based application)
Mystic light (programmable LED lighting on the back)
Blue light reduction (which would seem to mess with the color calibration?)
1ms response time (MPRT)
Tilt and height adjustment

LG 32GK650F-B:
Dynamic action sync (is this a form of response time adjustment?) I have trouble with this on my 29" ultrawide and lowering the response time results in severe ghosting.
Black stabilizer (which would alter black level, again messing with calibration)
Crosshair (would be annoying to have it on the screen when in a game's menu)
1ms Motion Blur Reduction

So basically what I gather from these two monitors is that the MSI has a slightly better color gamut (reviews give the LG a mediocre rating for color accuracy) And the LG is slightly better for gaming due to the 1ms motion blur reduction.
EDIT: it looks like the MSI has a 1ms response time as well, probably utilizing a strobing backlight as well.

The cost of these monitors is
LG $299
MSI $399 ($350 AR)

It still looks like the MSI edges slightly ahead for all these areas. I have almost forgot to mention I have an MSI RX 480 8Gb "reference" graphics card and Intel i7 4790K CPU w. 8Gb RAM if that gives you an idea if 1440p is a good upgrade from 2560x1080p.

Last edited by aweir; 06-04-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in