AOC Q3279WF - Freesync with Nvidia? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AOC Q3279WF - Freesync with Nvidia?

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
AOC Q3279WF - Freesync with Nvidia?

AOC Q3279VWF 2560x1400 75Hz VA Freesync https://eu.aoc.com/en/products/q3279vwf

Does anyone know for sure if Freesync works well on this monitor with a Nvidia gpu over displayport?

I really need to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:36 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
yes it works. But you could have little problems or not. Best thing is to try first.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 329 (Unique: 236)
A friend purchased the VA variant 2 days ago after I told him that there are two versions, which is which and the whole situation of 144Hz monitors. Sadly that monitor had strong yellow tint in middle and blue tints around edges/corners on any solid gray color image/application. He's returning it yesterday or today so I can't say if it works well with DP or not.

The newer D8 IPS variant kind of works but I think some people are having more issues than others. Overall it can be made to work and range extended but Nvidia still has work to do on their driver to make most monitors 100% issue free. Once it works and is synced there are no issues. But getting it to sync can be in some situations.

I would say be patient and do your research before purchase. I would not recommend the VA variant for a few reasons and from the limited quality sample of users reports it doesn't look great either.

If you want 100% working Async with NV cards then you need a Gsync compatible certified monitor. For the rest you have to research or try yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by JackCY View Post
A friend purchased the VA variant 2 days ago after I told him that there are two versions, which is which and the whole situation of 144Hz monitors. Sadly that monitor had strong yellow tint in middle and blue tints around edges/corners on any solid gray color image/application. He's returning it yesterday or today so I can't say if it works well with DP or not.

The newer D8 IPS variant kind of works but I think some people are having more issues than others. Overall it can be made to work and range extended but Nvidia still has work to do on their driver to make most monitors 100% issue free. Once it works and is synced there are no issues. But getting it to sync can be in some situations.

I would say be patient and do your research before purchase. I would not recommend the VA variant for a few reasons and from the limited quality sample of users reports it doesn't look great either.

If you want 100% working Async with NV cards then you need a Gsync compatible certified monitor. For the rest you have to research or try yourself.
It's not for a purchase, I have the monitor for more than one year, I have an RX 580 and a GTX 1070 and I may need to sell one of my PCs. I would obviously prefer to keep the GTX 1070, but I can't test it because they're too far apart.

Last edited by DSD27; 06-20-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Tags
aoc , displayport , freesync , Nvidia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in