Best CRG90 Review so far - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Best CRG90 Review so far

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Best CRG90 Review so far

This is probably the best CRG90 49 inch ultrawide review I have seen so far on the internet it shows more than just how someone would use it for gaming but also media consumption I have never bought a ultrawide display yet and this video basically sealed the deal for me to stick with 16:9 content for my entertainment use. There are also comparisons with the pg27uq in this video

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 05:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
dimming test. looks like 8 or 16 zones?

Still obviously much better than the uws having no zones at all, and price is decent....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:15 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 339 (Unique: 240)
Too bad it's curved again coz Samsung's obsession with ruining panels. Having tried this resolution before I can say that it's fairly useless for watching movies as even the widest movies I have are 2.76:1 still need to be cropped or suffer horizontal black bars. New movies are either 16:9 or 21:9, they don't make ultrawide movies beyond 21:9 anymore. Getting games to properly support over 21:9 is tricky too. Overall most movies are shot with low FOV, games lately do support at least 110 FOV which is nice but you max that out in FPS games already at 16:9 and many games going past 140+ start to have issues with rendering due to how that is done (the planes or what ever, some parts don't get rendered at very wide FOVs and special care needs to be taken by developers).

More of a fancy office monitor if you don't mind everything being warped/distorted as in you don't work with graphics only text.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in