Overclock.net banner

DisplayPort -- Boot Up Static

461 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  NeoReaper 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just recevied my new LG Ultrawide HDR10 monitor and am wondering why I am getting this colourful static when I boot up? It's running on DisplayPort and only shows up during the ASRock / Windows 10 boot up screens. The static goes away when Windows 10 desktop shows up. Is it a sign of damage anywhere?
https://imgur.com/rQt4ZUg

Thanks

#4 ·
Are you using the cable that came with the monitor or one you had already
Seems like it might be a bad display port cable

#7 ·
I thought it's camera sensor noise but Axaion is right, it's only on the screen not outside so it's not camera sensor issue, it's the poor display. My old camera has shown me quite a few of these and it's a common issue on digital cameras, where some automatically remove it, some don't, some have to be reflashed by manufacturer to get removed with a FW update (mine had that done but you get new spots later anyway).

There is nothing you can do, return the monitor, it's faulty, if you can't then RMA it, if you can't even that, then you're screwed.

#8 ·
I think you need to double check that JackCY, as the OP said: its only happening on bootup, not on the lock screen and not on the desktop. IMO it doesn't make sense if its only happening on bootup but not any further.
Personally I would say more investigation is needed before declaring the monitor dead. OP, can you try different solid colours/different devices on this monitor to see if you can replicate it elsewhere?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.