[Official] Acer Nitro XV273K, 4K, GSYNC compatible, HDR400, 120Hz (144Hz OC). - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Official] Acer Nitro XV273K, 4K, GSYNC compatible, HDR400, 120Hz (144Hz OC).

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 27)
[Official] Acer Nitro XV273K, 4K, GSYNC compatible, HDR400, 120Hz (144Hz OC).

Hi guys,
this is the official thread of the

Acer Nitro XV273K,
4K, GSYNC compatible, HDR400, 120Hz (144Hz OC).

I open this thread just to share my impression on the monitor and listen your opinion.
Many users are creating false advertisement on the monitors with I don't know what limitations but I will try to clarify some points.

This monitor can't do 144Hz without big compromise, at 144Hz you have to disable freesync/gsync and you loose the HDR option.
But who cares about 144Hz if you can have all the features at a whopping 4K 120Hz at this price?

I have found that with the 2 display port bundled with the monitor with a RTX2080Ti, windows 10 latest nvidia drivers 441.41,

at 4K, 120Hz, I can have both GSYNC and HDR enabled.

How to achieve this?

Enable GSYNC in nvidia control panel, than enable HDR in windows, than enable HDR mode in Acer Display Widget and you're set.

I can see wonderful color in game while having perfectly functioning variable refresh rate as the internal refresh rate num counter on the monitor shows.
By doing this windows shows sRGB 8bit + dithering but I see no artifact and no particular color loss.
The chrome subsampling test here:
https://www.geeks3d.com/20141203/ho....our-4k-uhd-tv/
is passed without problems.

Now I'm completely satisfied by this monitor.
Differently from most people say, having HDR enabled in games, is really important because it preserve colors to be too oversaturated.

If I can do it, why so many people complain about the fact that you can't have both HDR and GSYNC enabled at the same time?

I had a lot of monitors before this, but this one is by far the best one I had, it's amazing on every aspects.

Just for info, the monitor has LFC (Low Framerate Compensation) so the variable refresh rate works flawlessly even outside the freesync range.
At 40FPS for example, the monitor goes at 80Hz and the same frame is shown to times, so no problem even here.

PS: I have an Xrite i1 Display Pro colorimeter and I can confirm that the factory calibration is really really precise with a white point near to 6500K and a ▲E < 1. I love the full DDC/CI support of the monitor, the colorimeter sets the RGB gain, brightness and contrast setting directly on the monitor without the user interaction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191205_090915.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	310668  

Name:	IMG_20191204_144228.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	4.31 MB
ID:	310670  

Name:	IMG_20191116_202251.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	310672  

Last edited by sblantipodi; 12-07-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

this is the proof of
HDR + GSYNC + 120Hz

on the Acer Nitro XV273K

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hgQvz3s4ntdhH8yM8

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 07:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
You made an excellent choice! I'm impressed that it's so accurate out of the box. You're getting a lot of monitor for your money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Glibglob View Post
You made an excellent choice! I'm impressed that it's so accurate out of the box. You're getting a lot of monitor for your money.
Thanks, I'm enjoying it so much. I think that it's well worth the money

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 12:29 AM
Disgruntled Dev

Rep: 19 (Unique: 15)
The work I do has me using 4K monitors (three LG 27UD68), and I drive three because I'll have different things open on each, making productivity easier as I spend less time switching apps and looking for things and the seamless transition of moving apps from screen to screen (I HATED the days of moving things from my 24" 1080p screen to that 17" 1280x1024 display and have to resize it and deal with a change in aspect ratio).

However, when I'm not working, I like to game. You can imagine that a single 980Ti driving three 4K monitors isn't having a good time. I plan to pass this entire rig down, along with the monitors, to build a new work machine that will allow me to do the virtualization I'd like to do from home.

I'd really like to keep my triple-monitor setup going in the future, but eating up two display ports due to the limitations of DP 1.4b to drive one 4K screen at 120Hz will likely mean the card could only support an additional 4K panel at 60Hz (which is fine, only the center screen needs to be capable of hitting higher refresh rates for gaming). A third monitor seems like I'm back to an "Active" display adapter, and we all know how well those work... I could be wrong on the limitations of the 2080Ti.

Do you have plans to add any additional monitors, or have you done so already? I run a Dell S2719DM at work, and 1440p still gives me the level of detail and screen real estate to split applications comfortably to work, so I'm strongly considering going back to 1440p, but this may be an option to go with the new build.

The Vortex
(13 items)
CPU
i7-2600K @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
GPU
Evga 980Ti Classified
RAM
G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133MHZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Optical Drive
ASUS DRW SATA 24X DVD
Power Supply
Antec CP-1000
Cooling
Zalman CNPS9700
Case
Antec Twelve Hundred ATX Full Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
Samsung SyncMaster SA550
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Corsair M95
▲ hide details ▲
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 08:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by VaiFanatic View Post
The work I do has me using 4K monitors (three LG 27UD68), and I drive three because I'll have different things open on each, making productivity easier as I spend less time switching apps and looking for things and the seamless transition of moving apps from screen to screen (I HATED the days of moving things from my 24" 1080p screen to that 17" 1280x1024 display and have to resize it and deal with a change in aspect ratio).

However, when I'm not working, I like to game. You can imagine that a single 980Ti driving three 4K monitors isn't having a good time. I plan to pass this entire rig down, along with the monitors, to build a new work machine that will allow me to do the virtualization I'd like to do from home.

I'd really like to keep my triple-monitor setup going in the future, but eating up two display ports due to the limitations of DP 1.4b to drive one 4K screen at 120Hz will likely mean the card could only support an additional 4K panel at 60Hz (which is fine, only the center screen needs to be capable of hitting higher refresh rates for gaming). A third monitor seems like I'm back to an "Active" display adapter, and we all know how well those work... I could be wrong on the limitations of the 2080Ti.

Do you have plans to add any additional monitors, or have you done so already? I run a Dell S2719DM at work, and 1440p still gives me the level of detail and screen real estate to split applications comfortably to work, so I'm strongly considering going back to 1440p, but this may be an option to go with the new build.

Hi, do you mean you game across all 3 monitors, or you game on just one of them? I have 2 4K monitors set up to work together with my laptop - so I guess you can say I have 2 x 4K monitors and 1 x 1080p monitor working together, but I only game on one of them. My laptop has a GTX 1070 GPU (full version) and it seems to work fine.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2020, 10:44 PM
Disgruntled Dev

Rep: 19 (Unique: 15)
I only game on the center screen, and while I don't imagine that two additional panels cause much of an issue if they're just idling, I know it doesn't help matters. I wouldn't dream of using Nvidia Surround, hah! I've tried it once for World of Warcraft, and while the expanded FOV was nice, the playability was nonexistent due to the low framerate of trying to drive a single 11520x2160 image!

I've also begun to consider going to a single 1440p ultrawide, but as a web developer on the side, the extra white space on the sides would drive me nuts from a design perspective. In fact, it would drive me nuts even just browsing the web. Since 1080p is still what most users have in their homes, it's easier to design on a 16:9 monitor than a 21:9, and it's easier to simulate break-points in 1440p than say 4K. For while I had a bad habit of designing a site in 4K, and then scaling down based on media queries. Mobile-first design hit home to start from the small screen first, and then work up!

There's still some time for me to wait, as I'm not building a new PC just yet unless this one decides to give up the ghost entirely.

The Vortex
(13 items)
CPU
i7-2600K @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard
ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution
GPU
Evga 980Ti Classified
RAM
G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133MHZ
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
Optical Drive
ASUS DRW SATA 24X DVD
Power Supply
Antec CP-1000
Cooling
Zalman CNPS9700
Case
Antec Twelve Hundred ATX Full Tower
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
Samsung SyncMaster SA550
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Corsair M95
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in