Looking for 1440p tempered glass screen 144hz ips with adaptive sync - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Looking for 1440p tempered glass screen 144hz ips with adaptive sync

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
ObiwanShinobi

Rep: 0
Looking for 1440p tempered glass screen 144hz ips with adaptive sync

https://www.microcenter.com/product/...gaming-monitor

I want something like this but with a tempered glass screen or at least glossy. I despise matte finish for the obvious loss of light transmittance and when I upgrade my crappy Asus 27 inch, I will not tolerate a matte finish

But honestly I don't think there will ever be a panel like the one I want ever released unless I fabricate one my self which I no longer have tools to do so. I miss my old qnix qx2710 because I could safely clean it with windex where I got smudges over a year old that I don't touch on my current screen in fear of screwing up the panel. I like the fact that a tempered glass screen is indestructible for every day use

But I doubt there will ever one released so I guess what I'm asking is is there at least a glossy panel with the same specs as that panel from microcenter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiWanShinob1 View Post

I want something like this but with a tempered glass screen or at least glossy. I despise matte finish for the obvious loss of light transmittance and when I upgrade my crappy Asus 27 inch, I will not tolerate a matte finish

But honestly I don't think there will ever be a panel like the one I want ever released unless I fabricate one my self which I no longer have tools to do so. I miss my old qnix qx2710 because I could safely clean it with windex where I got smudges over a year old that I don't touch on my current screen in fear of screwing up the panel. I like the fact that a tempered glass screen is indestructible for every day use

But I doubt there will ever one released so I guess what I'm asking is is there at least a glossy panel with the same specs as that panel from microcenter?
the microcenter link is broken The page you requested has been moved or doesn't exist anymore.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
ObiwanShinobi

Quote: Originally Posted by animeowns View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiWanShinob1 View Post

the microcenter link is broken The page you requested has been moved or doesn't exist anymore.

Still works for me but:

Acer XF270HU Is the model name but upon research it's a crap monitor. What I think I'm going to do is this:

https://hddcaddy.eu/remove-anti-glar...9um68-monitor/

This is going to be my only possible realistic option, then I can get a custom lexan sheet cut to spec and carefully glue it to the bezel of the screen while it's apart from the actual lcd assembly. Will most likely use jb weld or polyurethane with the fastest compete curing times possible as contact cement has highly caustic fumes. I only spent 100 on this thing used but it will provide me with a great expiriment and this way I won't ever be limited to a matte finish panel ever again. It's not my fault that monitor technology is plagued with garbage panel substrates that should have died years ago like PVA panels which have 5 times the circuits of an ips panel for minimal gain, worse colors and viewing angles and ghosting problems especially on dark content. TN is even worse. How are people satisfied with worse screens than an iPad for color accuracy? This is one of the few things that infuriates me most about the consumer electronics world and it won't ever get fixed. Oled has burn in and a 40ms input lag just like plasma which is unacceptable. I don't care about the deepest blacks in the industry but I'm not going to settle with reducing the light transmittance of a panel simply because marketers think they know better than me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 01:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 226 (Unique: 166)
just a heads up, i've removed the anti coating from two montiors, and after a short time, they both started to goof up.

March, June, December 2014 Keyboard of the Month Winner
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 08:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
you could look at getting korean monitors that have tempered glass.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 08:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 629 (Unique: 342)
i was happy to see the finish on my curved isn't matte for once. though definitely not tempered glass either.

some day we'll have giant scaled up phone screens ;P

R.I.P. Zawarudo, may you OC angels' wings in heaven.
If something appears too good to be true, it probably is.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2019, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter
ObiwanShinobi

Quote: Originally Posted by animeowns View Post
you could look at getting korean monitors that have tempered glass.
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
i was happy to see the finish on my curved isn't matte for once. though definitely not tempered glass either.

What display is it? Is it an ips or pva panel?
some day we'll have giant scaled up phone screens ;P
Screen te hnologg hasn't advanced one bit in a decade for consumers other than 8k displays which no card can even get 100 fps on and no 120hz for that for probably at least another 5 years and you'd need at least a 60 inch screen to even benefit from 8k imo even as a computer screen

I don't get why there isn't more insenrive to upgrade screens, and TN panels sell better Than all else. Breaks my heart man

I wouldn't mind buying another qnix qx2710 but it doesn't have adaptive sync and the only other tempered glass 1440p that does have adaptive stn. I've seen for sale is a damn pva panel. I dont like pva 😞

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in