Overclock.net banner

MPG341CQRV and Displayport 1.4

7K views 25 replies 4 participants last post by  Mescalit0 
#1 · (Edited)
So i opted to get this monitor instead of spending the extra ~$150 to get the 144hz model MPG341CQR. I figured since they are the same panel i can overclock and get the same if not close to the resolution/refresh of the more expensive model. Fast forward i get the monitor in and it can only do 3440x1440@120hz at 8bit with native timings.

I try every setting in the NVCP and no combination of settings seems to allow it to get 10bit at its native resolution. I can set the monitor at 3440x1440@85hz and get 10bit and i can set it to 2560x1080@144hz at 10bit, so this is starting to look like a bandwidth issue. Sure enough GPU-Z is showing 5.4Gbps (or DP 1.2 speeds) instead of the 8.1Gbps (DP1.4 speeds).

I'm even able to overclock the monitor to 3440x1440@138hz at 8bit resulting in a ~700Mhz pixel clock (generally the top end for DP1.2). So i start researching and find that my graphics card (GTX 1080) needs a firmware update. So i do that update and no change, then i update the whole GPU firmware and no change, and then i ran the nvidia DP 1.4 firmware update again to check if the full firmware update reverted it but it says i'm up-to-date.

I have a 6ft Displayport 1.4 cable that is VESA certified so maybe i think it could be the distance, so i bought 4 of the most reputable DP 1.4 VESA certified cables at only 1 meter. Again no change. So i updated my Mobo bios (why not) and chipset drivers (again why not) and no change. So i finally decide to bite the bullet and sell my GTX 1080 and get an RTX card that for sure natively has DP 1.4 support (not DP 1.4 "ready"). Again still getting 5.4Gbps in GPU-Z and unable to get past what a DP 1.2 speed would get me in terms bandwidth or maximum resolution.

So i finally reach out to MSI support... and they say its an 8 bit panel and ask where i saw it advertised as 10bit. I show them it can do 10 bit in a lower resolution, that the panel is 8bit+FRC, and give screenshots of GPU-Z showing the link rate speeds. They haven't replied in over a week. I did bug them and showed several different sites including their own site advertising 1.07 billion colors, DP1.4 and a screenshot with the monitor running at 2560x1080@144hz at 10bit but got nothing back.

So i'm asking my overclock.net comrades to peer review my troubleshooting and thought process. The shorter cables did allow me to overclock to 140hz but anything past that is a no go and GPU-Z is still showing DP 1.2 speeds. My conspiracy theory is they limited this monitor to DP 1.2 to differentiate it from the more expensive 144hz model but i digress.

Also, the monitor firmware is FW.011. I asked about the firmware being the problem to MSI support but i got nothing back and from what i've read i would need to send the thing back to get a firmware update (which is flippin ridiculous, give me a file and thumb drive and i'll do it!!!). Please let me know if i missed anything, i know this isn't a big deal but my OCD is killing me over it and i am perceptive enough to see banding. Coming from a C27HG70 that had 10bit and 144hz its just enough to bug me. Its my punishment for trying to save a buck LOL.

EDIT1: One last thing i was thinking of trying was to get a bidirectional DP 1.4 cable to USB-C to try and use the monitor's DP 1.4 ALT mode and see if that changes anything. Haven't tried it yet since the cable/adapter is ~$40 and i just got to this point. Let me know if more details would help.

EDIT2: I attached a screenshot of GPU-Z showing the DP 1.2 speeds and a pic of my overclock to 138hz with the timings so anyone else with the monitor can replicate it. 140hz didn't have a stable horizontal polarity in games due to how low you have to make the total pixel count to get under 716Mhz, you can do 140hz stable at 719Mhz but the NVCP downs the color to 6bit. Seems 138hz@8bit is the highest stable for my panel.... well at least with DP 1.2 being used and an overclock, who knows at DP 1.4.

EDIT3: Added a screenshot of MSI's support ticket for the issue for S&Gs.

EDIT4: MSI Support got back to me to ask what GPU i had.... after it was already listed in the ticket details... which is a required field you have to fill out to even submit a ticket.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The truth be told from MSI:

"So unfortunately, the website page for the monitor you have has a typo that incorrectly lists the monitor as DP 1.4 when it is actually 1.2. The issue is being resolved currently on our end."

Considering this monitor:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475041

uses the same exact panel as the 144hz version of this monitor:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475035

that is most certainly DP1.4 i would assume the firmware has been set to DP1.2 to draw a distinction and justify the higher price tag. It would be nice to get a hold of the MSI firmware for the 144hz version and flash it onto the 120hz version, i suspect it would have some great results.

But since MSI holds their monitor firmwares hostage i digress. Way to make a quick buck with a firmware lock MSI...

#3 ·
No surprise to me, the specs clearly say CQRV is 120 Hz only and DP1.2a, which means it probably has different/older/cheaper input board compared to CQR that is specced at 144 Hz DP1.4.

https://asset.msi.com/pdf/main/global/presale_v2/Optix-MPG341CQRV?
https://asset.msi.com/pdf/main/global/presale_v2/Optix-MPG341CQR?

They don't say at what resolution and refresh it supports 10 bit input.
With these larger resolution on a limit of display connections there are always gotchas as the max advertised may at times be even 420 chroma etc.
One has to always check before buying, nothing more to it.

Don't trust webs often someone who doesn't care writes those very loosly as advertisement. Look for specifications etc. those tend to be more technical and someone put a bit more effort into making them and may try make sure the data is correct. Sort of like Intel's 5 GHz CPU which will only do 5 GHz on a single core and in practice thus almost never while all core turbo is much lower. Always dig out specs and if they are not available for the feature you want, dig more.

#4 · (Edited)
JackCY its no surprise to me either, i knew what i was getting into when i bought the monitor and i dug plenty. It was more than a purchase it was a project. I simply posted my findings here to see if anyone had any ideas (which wasn't the case). Admittedly i never found the spec sheet you found before i bought it but even with that it doesn't prove the CCB is cheaper or even different. I would like to know how you found that spec sheet because a tactical google search with the model number didn't seem to turn it up or i read over it.

And the panel is capable of not only 144hz at 2560x1080, its able to hit 141hz at its max resolution at 8bit. Which tells me that if you were to remove the DisplayPort limiter on the monitor port (much like we all used to remove DVI and HDMI limiters on GPU ports with CRU) it could very well hit 10bit and/or 144hz at its max resolution (maybe not both but i'd take one). So it is without a doubt capped and a firmware update could fix that or at least allow a little more headroom (like 3hz or whatever the data-rate difference from 8->10bit).

Just like a lot of TVs and GPUs, monitor ports are limited to a certain cable standard and most often can go higher. Even the GTX10 series needed a firmware update to do DP 1.4 and until that update all you got was 5.4gb/sec but after the update no problem getting 8.1gb/sec. Plenty of TVs are the same way on first release. Even the 144hz version of this monitor/panel shipped with firmwares that were unable to hit 144hz and had to be sent back for an update (just look at the reviews) they probably inadvertently had the CQRV firmware on it. MSI's tech support leaves much to desire as well.

I do agree with you about loose advertisement with websites and digging. Anyway after a nice refund from Amazon for the false advertising i got this monitor for just under $600, considering the 144hz monitor is $991 right now i'll be happy with what i got. One last thing to try is the USB-C connection, probably won't get me anywhere but its worth a try. Its just hard to find a DP1.4->USB-C cable, most are USB-C->DP1.4 and are one way. I think this one will work but we'll see, if it does getting a ~$1000 monitor for under $600 isn't to shabby.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083YZWLWL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

#5 ·
It's on MSI's product page. First and second link on Google when searching "MPG341CQRV".
https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MPG341CQRV/Specification
Click datasheet. Done. It's not always as easy to find but it's often somewhere on the product pages or could be dug out of Geizhals at times etc.

It's possible they are entirely equal yes. I know there was some hackery before with ports and going out of spec but don't know any modern GPU and Displayport unlimiter if the GPU driver itself or GPU firmware is limiting the bandwidth to avoid potential issues by users going out of spec. It's not much fun to accidentally go out of spec and then have no signal or garbage with no way to go back, sure we know how to with CRU but not every app is as friendly as CRU when applying resolutions.

You could try the USBC if you have a Turing card. Not sure Navi cards offer USBC. Some Turing cards do, mine does but never used the USBC for anything yet. The Pascal cards indeed needed a patch for DP, did that too but never went above DP1.2 yet as those are often UW or 4k that need 1.4 bandwitdth.

Ah yeah, you're on Pascal, you don't have USBC out. I would only need to get a good fast USBC cable I guess.

If you're really hacky you could "borrow" the other version with DP1.4 firmware, save/dump it, save the DP1.2 version firmware before trying to update it with the DP1.4 from other version ;D But that may mean opening both monitors and using some flasher to flash the chips if even possible as they could also be write locked. Dunno if MSI provides firmware updates to customers and I've never seen them leaked from service centers at least not on public web.

You could try complaining to MSI as having the DP1.4 variant monitor with DP1.2 firmware and try get them to send you the DP1.4 update for it that you could apply yourself.

I would not tell them anything about OC or provide proofs and photos and what not as you wrote in OP. Make a new burner account when contacting them, try and get a hold of a serial number from the DP1.4 variant just in case they ask etc. So it all seems legit :p
Typically though the answer often is: send it to a service center to be updated :(

Samsung has user updates but I never did them as I returned their trashy curved monitors quite fast. Often there are no user updates for monitors.

I would set it to 8 bit as 10 bit while nice is not that useful in practice and crank the refresh as high as it will go. (138 Hz) It's not a big difference from 144 Hz, I'm surprised they didn't block the OC outright as most monitors will only allow very small OC such as +1 Hz and that's it, after that the firmware triggers an out of range message etc. to stop people from OCing monitor refresh.

#6 · (Edited)
Well then that isn't news to me, that is the update they said they were going to do after i found them out about the port not going to DP1.4 in the MSI ticket. I outright accused them of selling the new firmware as a new "monitor" and they didn't even deny it. They must have already updated there page and that spec sheet used to only show 1 displayport port with no mention as to the version where the webpage itself showed DP1.4 (which has also been updated in the last few days). I wish i had the old copy of it... actually i might in my temp inet files, i'll attach it if i find it but it definitely said just DP with no designation. I thought i recognized it but it never had a the port version listed so i thought you found something new.

So i did dig enough its just the evidence directly from MSI has been erased :)

I am surprised the monitor overclocks at all, by allowing that they gave me the means to see that they were the same exact panel, well that and the fact that the panel can get to 144hz at lower resolutions. I also don't mind going out of spec, most of the time you get reverted by the countdown timer or can go back immediately by hitting escape twice. All else fails connect the monitor to a different port and you revert to native and will have picture. If you want to use that other port again delete the monitor profile from it in CRU or the detailed view of the device manager.

I don't have a USBC on my card so i grabbed the DP1.4 to USBC cable in the link i attached. Should give me the ability to at least test the USBC port on the monitor to see if it has the same bandwidth limit. Worst case i'm returning a cable, best case i've turned this 120hz variant into a 144hz variant.

I would love to borrow MSI's 144hz variant firmware but unfortunately that ship has sailed. They keep their firmwares behind closed doors and from what i can find have no USB quick update method. After dozens of forums i found people complaining about the firmware updates not being allow to users i found one with a MSI apologist trying to defend them who said he had seen the device they use to update the firmware and it was pretty extensive. So i guess they are still in the past on that (so no firmware dumping via USB) which means a PCB swap would be easier (if i could find that on ebay or something for cheap, even if it is ~$30 it would be worth it to get the 120hz variant and do a PCB swap for the price... for the hacky friendly).

I hear you on the trashy samsung curved monitors, i've been through a few of those and they can't make a uniform curved monitor to save their life.

EDIT: Found the original spec sheet attached that shows DP1.4 and then just DP with no version. the cable adapter comes Friday.
https://asset.msi.com/pdf/main/es/presale_v2/Optix-MPG341CQRV?

Attachments

#7 ·
The panels don't care, you could drive them at 10 kHz if you wanted to. The limitation to refresh rate comes from the board that drives panels, processing speed and data transport (port/cable capabilities).
Panels have resolution and transition speeds, so they define resolution and how fast they can change between states ("colors").
The electronics again defines overdrive, async, OSD and all that.

The chip flashers are not that complicated and available at least in recent years even fairly easily. For different chips. So people can recover mobo/GPU BIOS etc. I don't have these but I have an ATtiny programmer/flasher. And to be fair my mobo's UEFI chips (yes two chips, removable from a socket) have the same package as bigger ATtiny ATmega and what not chips, it's all standardized these sizes of chips but the programmers may not be though they likely are too to some extent or can be created using other DIY mini computers even I think.

Yeah the USB updating has to be specifically designed on the product. Which nowadays should be a given, has a USB and some firmware, for duck sake make it updateable. But for monitors they buy these boards, old board designs and then reskin the OSD. MSI designs the plastic shell or pays someone to do it, buys everything else quite likely and has someone make the shell for them, they may then assembly it all together if even that.

Yeah various language subsites having different specs, best of the best XD

#8 · (Edited)
The DisplayPort to USBC cable came in and didn't work (this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083YZWLWL/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1)

I also tried connecting my Huawei laptop USBC to it and got nothing (going USBC to USBC). I need to find a USBC ALT MODE certified device to be sure but i'm starting to think the USBC port on the monitor doesn't work for anything outside of power.

EDIT1: Just an FYI to anyone getting this monitor and overclocking, you must have Freesync on otherwise you get banding artifacts on the bottom of the screen. It is a valid overclock tho.

EDIT2: Turns out this is way more complicated than i thought for DP 1.4 -> USBC especially if this monitor needs power at all.
https://hardforum.com/threads/use-usb-c-monitor-without-usb-c.1911817/page-1

EDIT3: NOT POSSIBLE for USBC unless it originates from USBC, this monitor doesn't accept a DisplayPort signal over USB-C (UFP_D pin assignment E) so it won't work :( . I could get a GPU with USBC or a add on card with USBC but now the difference in cost between the 120hz model and 144hz model is disappearing (MSI's likely intent).

#9 ·
You need USBC with video output, such as a Turing card. Or a new laptop maybe that has a Turing GPU and offer USBC with video output, yes often they call it ALT MODE. DP ALT MODE, etc.
No idea about DP to USBC cables and it being possible with a passive cable.

There is another issue for others, they tend to have Apple or for Apple designed monitors that only have USBC/Thunderbolt and nothing else, no DP, no HDMI, no power, nothing. And then they try to whack it onto their PC's USBC lol.

That cable's user review:

Yeah this does NOT work bidirectional. I connected it from my RTX2070 Displayport to my USBC monitor and got no display at all. The little spec sheet it came with even said the USBC side was output and the DP side was input, not sure why the OEM said otherwise.
So it's a USBC DP ALT mode to DP cable. Such as I could use my Turing GPU's USBC out to connect to my monitor's DP port.

#10 · (Edited)
That was my user review for that cable so that wasn't there beforehand. I contacted the OEM and they said that the cable would work bidirectional with my use case but obviously that wasn't the case.

Rather than switch to a turing card i might try this
https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GC-...ds=gigabyte+titan+ridge&qid=1585433852&sr=8-2

If i cannot find a active or passive cable for DP to USBC. I already moved from GTX1080 to an RTX2070 so i'm reluctant to switch cards again. Got a crazy good deal on the RTX2070.

#11 ·
Heh, lucky you, all my reviews on Amazon always get denied XD

I'm not sure the TB cards are universal, you may need/require a support from motherboard for that card. And to get data from GPU over to that TB card is unlikely a free and instant operation, fine for desktop but is it worth it for fast interactive use? Adaptive sync, HDR, ...? Not sure how that goes when using something like this.

But you have a 2070 without USBC now? Or don't want to upgrade yet another GPU?

I would not bother with the USBC and instead crank it up as high as it will go on 8 bit DP1.2. 138 Hz is fine.

#12 ·
2070 without USBC, Yep i'm good for a while, I got it to a stable 3440x1440@140hz at 8 bit. Not going to grab a new GPU or that USBC extender card even though it is compatible with my Mobo and i could send GPU processed data to it (with a bit of latency which wouldn't be worth it). No need to be greedy i suppose :)

#13 · (Edited)
Update, so i have been going back and forth with other owners of both the 120hz and 144hz models of this monitor and it turns out there has been a wave of people returning the 144hz version because it isn't quite stable most of the time at that refresh rate.

Since then first the 144hz panel was taken down from most seller sites (meaning it is gone, reviews don't even exist on Amazon anymore). And later the 120hz panel has been marked out of stock or unavailable most places. So its looking like the 144hz version was a panel lottery from the 120hz version (and my reviews probably didn't help :) )
--
Moreover, i have been trying to get the darn thing to work at 10bit at a higher refresh rate than 85hz. Setting the thing to even 86hz shows 10bit but when selecting it reverts to 8bit which is silly. The panel can go to 3440x1440@138hz@8bit stable which is the EXACT same data rate as 3440x1440@115hz@10bit (being 20.51gbps) bit no luck.

Seems like the monitor, driver, EDID, something is limiting it to where 10bit ONLY works at 3440x1440@85hz and under or 2560x1080@144hz. Anyone had any luck with forcing, manually setting or overriding the NVCP to get 10bit? It stands to reason with the data link rate bandwidth available i should be able to do 10bit at 3440x1440@115hz or under (certainly better than 85hz)??

#14 ·
Unless you are keen on a VA Panel, I would just get the ACER XV340CK for $549 from microcenter. It's a 144hz IPS ultrawide.

#15 ·
I am a bit partial to VA panels due to IPS's back light bleed, IPS glow, and its terrible contrast ratio. I know VA is a bit slower overall depending on the overdrive implementation but i like vivid deep colors.

Plus there is a few drawbacks to the Acer you pointed out, it doesn't have FRC or 10bit, the contrast ratio is marginal, brightness is only 250 nits, not curved, doesn't have an integrated webcam (need it for work), etc. I also got this monitor for nearly the same price after a bit of refund.

Compared to my old CHG70 that Acer would look lifeless and plain. Bottom line i got this monitor and it isn't going back, and i asked a question about forcing 10bit when bandwidth is available not monitor advice.

Anyone on here actually still monitor overclocking (real overclocking not integrated) and played around with getting 10bit when the NVCP doesn't seem to want to? I did quite a bit of searching and its all dated or people just saying the cable doesn't support the bandwidth, where in this situation i KNOW the cable does support the bandwidth.

#16 ·
You would probably need to be on Linux, if it even supports 10 bit and use some open drive with customization or hard settings in a file to force your settings. Though from my experience Linux and monitor OC is kinda meh, either it wasn't applying or the screen magically forced it back to 60 Hz.
On Windows, if it doesn't show up in the NVCP GUI well it somehow determined it won't support it. I have not had that problem that it would suddenly hide 10 bit. Are you sure you edited all the parameters and limits? Not just resolution and refresh. But also the adaptive sync range, the limits and bandwidth, the lot.

#17 · (Edited)
I've got plenty of experience with Linux and Unix but that wouldn't match my use case. It would be pretty easy to load Red Hat or Ubuntu with a live CD/USB and set the xorg.conf file manually. I might try it tomorrow but it would really bum me out if it worked on Linux and then there be no way to force it in windows. I don't mind Linux but it isn't my daily driver for an Operating System.

Really for most manual things you can do in Linux there is generally a windows equivalent its just a pain and documentation is scarce. I can only edit so much in the NVCP using the customized resolution and CRU doesn't seem to want to let me enter resolutions over a certain bandwidth that is even less than the NVCP.

I was able to edit the sync range in CRU so that freesync worked at 140hz rather than having a ceiling of 120hz but any touching of the bandwidth cap results in black screen. But it shouldn't be a bandwidth issue since i already know this thing can go to about 20.51gbps before it flickers to death. I should be free to hit that however i see fit but i'm guessing there is a block somewhere whether it be EDID, monitor driver, GPU driver, or the monitor itself (worst case scenario)

To be clear
I know it can do 10bit, it works at 85hz or at any lower resolution (the monitor is 8bit + FRC)
I can do 3440x1440@138hz@8bit which equals 20.51gbps
but i can't do 3440x1440@115hz@10bit which equals 20.51gbps
https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp

Idk more research is needed, i just keep thinking someone on overclock.net might have some info about overclocking that i don't and it will get me a shortcut lol.

#20 ·
You're probably relying on the automatic settings, that's why.
There is a lot you can set and each tool will fill these for you if you don't set them. Hence the differences and inability to apply something etc. Timing. NVCP doesn't use the same timings as CRU and there are often various options for the automatic fill in.

I also delete everything that I don't need.

No idea why you would need to specify the entry under extension block of a specific kind to get 10 bit.

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
I'm not using anything automatic, editing the total pixel count directly already negates using any automatic settings (i don't think you fully read my last few posts). I know why i needed to use the extension block, i found it on ToastyX's forum. I also know CRU and the NVCP don't use the same automatic, LCD reduced, etc timings. The point was that NVCP is letting me set the timings however i want where CRU is giving red text when entering the same settings that worked in the NVCP.

CRU also sets the blanking area outside of what works for the monitor when using some of the timing presets (like LCD reduced). For example i'll attach a screenshot, in the NVCP i can use 3490x1467 for the total pixel count but with CRU it won't accept that setting which keeps you from using 138hz with it.

What its doing is seeing anything under 3520 horizontal lines to be a negative blanking area and won't let me set it. It also doesn't seem to accept the new pixel clock limit for any standard resolutions (still limited to 650mhz).

EDIT: It was the sync width holding back the blanking area setting but there still seems to be a bit of difference between the two in terms of headroom. Looking at the CRU forum it seems after you exceed certain data rate (650mhz) it gets a bit more complicated.

EDIT2: Had to use the detailed resolution extension block inside the existing CEA-861 block but i got 10bit@116hz and 8bit@141hz both stable using CRU. That's all this panel's bandwidth max will support, being 713mhz for 10bit and 717mhz for 8bit (and 722mhz for 6bit lol).

Attachments

#22 ·
You can drag drop the pictures under post text so they show and open on OCN, don't attach them as files.
I do not edit the "total" I edit "back porch". I don't use automatics as they tend to be rather different than what the monitors come with in their settings. So I rather tweak the stock settings than try and use some entirely new automatics.
No idea about what changes past 650MHz and what one has to set where and why. 2560x1440 doesn't run into the limits so fast and often can't OC beyond what manufacturer allows via OSD and on specs. MSI left this and maybe other monitors open to experimentation or maybe they were experimenting themselves considering the two variants.

#23 · (Edited)
JackCY, i attach pics when i don't really intend for them to be integrated with the post. If i'm writing a tutorial or something i will tend to nest them in the post where necessary. For this instance i didn't care to and reserve the right to chose which way i link picture in a post ;) . ToastyX's forum has some good detail for timings that exceed 650mhz once you decide to move past 2560x1440 and you will have to use the extension block. And yeah its kinda a lottery whether a panel will come unlocked to overclocking or locked to where an overclock is either impossible(resulting in a black screen) or it just starts frame skipping. From MSI's replies to my few tickets and reviews on the monitor i don't believe it was intended at all for it to overclock.

And i have always used the total pixel count or the data rate to overclock but it seems its better to experiment with every setting. Makes me think i could have pushed my Qnix back in the day even further doing so.

#24 ·
@Spartan F8

could you share a copy of the message(s) from your conversation with Amazon about the false advertising of the refresh rate vs HDR capabilities?
i feel a bit fooled by the specifications vs what is actually possible and would like to try my hand at retrieving the discount you mention receiving.

#25 ·
I didn't originally see the reply to this thread and its been a busy month for me. The Amazon chat was in there chat client on the website which was the only medium i wasn't able to record during this endeavor. I don't believe you will have too much issue getting a partial refund considering that they already gave a refund for the same reason and the manufacturer already altered their spec sheet to correct the false advertising where Amazon (to my knowledge) hasn't corrected it.

Another point to use is that many new monitors are only able to hit their max advertised speeds, resolution and bitrate using sub-chroma scaling (422 or 420) and because of this these other brands (LG is a prime example) is showing this in their advertising, MSI did NOT do this and still has NOT done this. Using the information i have attached this to thread you shouldn't have any issues.

Attachments

#26 ·
I contacted Amazon about a partial refund to see what they may be offering but they would not oblige. still happy to hear from them that they were willing to refund the entire price with free return shipping and zero restocking fee, considering it was 2 months passed the return date.
I was glad to have the opportunity to get a better panel, the very slim viewing angles of the MSI was starting to get to me.

ended up getting an Alienware AW3420DW Nano IPS panel that looks and functions much better in pretty much every way for my gaming needs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.