Asus PB278QV vs iiyama XUB2792QSU? Any views? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Asus PB278QV vs iiyama XUB2792QSU? Any views?

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Asus PB278QV vs iiyama XUB2792QSU? Any views?

Was looking to get the iiyama XUB2792QSU, but it appears to have a bad latency of 25ms - https://translate.google.co.uk/tran....b1/5&sandbox=1

Although, I can't find any specific details for the new Asus PB278QV, I'm guess its latency is somewhere well below 20ms, as earlier versions of the PB278 always reported around 11-16ms in reviews? - https://www.monitornerds.com/asus-pb...gaming-screen/

So given I've been spoilt by my current BenQ BL2411's 6ms latency, I'm obviously just wary of getting a "slower" moniter which I'll notice say in a FPS game...

Any thoughts/views on these monitors if you own one, especially the Asus PB278QV?

Note: I'm limited to 60hz and DVI-D by my KVM switch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 358 (Unique: 255)
PB278QV is priced insanely. You can get 2x 32" with same specs or 1x 144 Hz in 27".
XUB2792QSU has the same price problem and it is prehistoric. It was getting old when I started looking for a monitor and that's been some years now. As far as I remember, only reviews were by users and the BLB and glow issues on these older 27" 1440p IPS <100 Hz panels were horrible.

If you really want some wanna be "graphics" oriented monitor that's not from a "graphics" range well I would advise against it, these are often just run of the mill office monitors with some old panels.
If you want precise colors and calibration those cost more.

For an IPS 1440p60 DVI there are 32" options around 200 USD/EUR.

If you want to game on a monitor, don't use switches and use DP.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The Asus PB278QV dropped down to £250 on Amazon this morning, so I jumped in.

As for a 32" 1440p option, I played with a 29" Dell 2560x1080 monitor last week, and found the width (with where I sit) basically pointless, so a 32" I'd envisage being just as wide (high FOV) and furthermore its pixel scale would be no better than my current monitor (if not worse).

I believe a 27" 2560x1440 monitor will be a sweet spot in FOV on my desk and better pixel scale (better image clarity).

So I just have to hope the response time/lag of the Asus PB278QV is good, and isn't noticably slower than the fab times on my old BenQ BL2411... I'll report back incase it's of use to others...

ps: "If you want to game on a monitor, don't use switches and use DP." - I've been happily gaming on a KVM switch for nigh on a decade... I put a high value in the usability/friendlyness of it, and the lack of clutter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2020, 02:06 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 358 (Unique: 255)
Most monitors have multiple inputs, you can plug in many sources into one monitor and switch on the monitor itself.

29" UW is nothing more than a wider 24".

27" 1440p makes text everywhere small as the UIs on web, programs are not designed for this PPI. And changing say text size/scaling in a web browser globally... well Firefox can now do it for a few months if you use the latest versions that broke addons. Support for scaling in programs is improving year by year but it has taken decades to get where we are now where scaling is still a pain. Not that scaling in FF and anywhere else looks good anyway. 27" 1440p PPI is nice for gaming, not much else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in