LG 34GK950F-B now or wait for LG 34GN850-B - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

LG 34GK950F-B now or wait for LG 34GN850-B

post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 06:57 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by dagan View Post
becuase of how washed off it looks on regular desktop environment I don't bother setting the HDR option on within the display setting

I only enable on the games/application itself

Only thing I do is to make sure I goto the resolution setting within NVIDIA control panel, goto NIDIA Color setting, set it to Color Depth 10bit, RGB format, Full Dynamic range.(If i don't do this I see a hue/hint of discolorization around the text on icons and suck in desktop environment)

Maybe I could be more sensitive to seeing things but it drives me crazy that I see a big difference on these settings.

Another annoying thing is upon reboot these Nvidia Color setting could revert back to 8bpc, Limiteed Dynamic Range and ybcr output format without being able to change it to the above mentioned settings without changing the refresh rate back and forth from 120 to 144.

I love the monitor when it works but I really think that this has some serious hardware issue that LG is not fixing it.

I went through 2 repair on my first one until I gave up and returned it to the store, Second one came with dead pixel and 3rd one after exchanged is my current which seems to work ok with few issues I've mentioned so far.

I have a hard time recommending this to my friends unfortunately.

EDIT:

If people are interested I can share some videos and pictures of headaches I had to go through lol

Ok cool..

Yea, my first monitor i bought from lg.com had vertical lines at the top, so i am returning that one and bought another from amazon.. Which monitor is better than this one that is around the same price? I almost bought the gsync one, but i think someone said it was the same panel and this one is 100 dolars cheaper.

2020 PC
(8 items)
CPU
i7-9700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
G.Skill 16 GB @ 3600 RGB
Hard Drive
Intel 660p 1TB M.2
Power Supply
CORSAIR RM750x
Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Case
Cooler Master MasterCase H500P
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by zamdam View Post
Ok cool..

Yea, my first monitor i bought from lg.com had vertical lines at the top, so i am returning that one and bought another from amazon.. Which monitor is better than this one that is around the same price? I almost bought the gsync one, but i think someone said it was the same panel and this one is 100 dolars cheaper.
Because of this monitor I did all I could to trouble shoot and find solutions/ research

One thing I did find recently is that the fact Gtx 1xxx series did not come with DP1.4 support,

I see people on reddit saying that this monitor was only upto 120hz or black screen and what not until they used
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers...fi-update-x64/ Patch

I never experienced any of those.

But when I ran this update tool last week it did come up and say I needed an update

Just to make sure I ran the tool again after the update and it said I was updated,

so it makes me think that there was an update but I never had stuck in 120hz or black screen issue

that's all I have on that matter.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 07:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 32)
Quote: Originally Posted by dagan View Post
Because of this monitor I did all I could to trouble shoot and find solutions/ research

One thing I did find recently is that the fact Gtx 1xxx series did not come with DP1.4 support,

I see people on reddit saying that this monitor was only upto 120hz or black screen and what not until they used
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers...fi-update-x64/ Patch

I never experienced any of those.

But when I ran this update tool last week it did come up and say I needed an update

Just to make sure I ran the tool again after the update and it said I was updated,

so it makes me think that there was an update but I never had stuck in 120hz or black screen issue

that's all I have on that matter.
Ah. I ran the firmware update today and let it update. didnt notice any change

2020 PC
(8 items)
CPU
i7-9700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC
RAM
G.Skill 16 GB @ 3600 RGB
Hard Drive
Intel 660p 1TB M.2
Power Supply
CORSAIR RM750x
Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Case
Cooler Master MasterCase H500P
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 07:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by zamdam View Post
Ah. I ran the firmware update today and let it update. didnt notice any change
Yes, DP1.4 update had no difference for me either

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in