My monitor image is all green? Think a DVI problem... - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

My monitor image is all green? Think a DVI problem...

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 4)
Right, I'm having this problem where instead of showing normal colours the whole screen just turns everything a weird green colour. The screen works perfectly fine and everything but everything is just green! I'm running dual flat crts. I have my graphics card (GeForce FX 5700LE) with a VGA port and DVI port. I'm using a DVI to VGA converter so I can use the two monitors as tehy are both VGA. I believe iy's something to do with the DVI as I swapped the monitors and the other was green and the other was normal. I installed all latest NVIDIA drivers etc. What the hell is wrong?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 AM

is it on both monitors?

if its on one: try swaping the monitors betwene ports if it shows up on the other one then its ither the vid card or adapter if it stays on that monitor then its the monitor <<if that then id try screwing with the monitors settings

if its both then its thew vid card
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Some call me... Bifford

I would try and get a known-good dvi adapter. Since the "green" has switched from one monitor to the other, it is either the card or adapter. Obviously the adapter is easier to test.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I'm using an XFX DVI to VGA converter. Basically I swapped the monitors so the one which was DVI before was VGA and the one which was VGA i plugged into DVI then the green switched to the other monitor so I think it's something to do with the DVI port. I really wanted to dual screen so I would really appreciate it if you could help me get to the bottom of this.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:03 PM

ya.. one of the nice things about my pci fx5200 is dual vga and it PWNs @ CS:S for some reason
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Please don't tell me I've gotta change my card, I really don't have any money right now at all

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus
Please don't tell me I've gotta change my card, I really don't have any money right now at all
It could very well be just your dvi to vga adapter.. if not, then you will either have to live with the green screen on one or use a single monitor
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 149 (Unique: 126)
Mine shows up green sometimes but only on startup and then is fine after that. It has never givin me problems during gaming so I have not worried about it. Then again Im only running 1 monitor even though I have support for 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm go_quote.gif

I wish man bags were more sociably acceptable. I'd carry all sorts of stuff with me.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus
just try another dvi adapter
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I really hope it is the DVI adapter my dad has another DVI converter but that's XFX too, he bought an XFX dual DVI so he got two converters with it. Since he uses a DVI TFT I decided to steal a converter and dual screen. My dual screens look good coz I have two monitors which are exact same I got 'em next to eachother on my desk. Anyway you reckon it's worth a try with the other XFX converter?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in