Looking for a new display device - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for a new display device

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 08:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 209 (Unique: 179)
Really? Samsung = poor quality? I have quite a few Samsung products and I've been pretty happy with all of them.

The JEEP club O||||O

The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed up with all of the world's crap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:43 AM

well, my neighbor has a samsung monitor on his daughters rig and it kinda sucks. I think my envision beats it.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 429 (Unique: 250)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:52 AM

I like CRT's to. Ark, CRT's are more of the bang for the buck. A CRT that costs $200 can only be matched by like a LCD that is $600.. well not really but u get my point.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 149 (Unique: 126)
My opinion is viewsonic....They are the best..I have a 19inch CRT that is wonderful..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant Storm go_quote.gif

I wish man bags were more sociably acceptable. I'd carry all sorts of stuff with me.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 675 (Unique: 477)
When I called Samsung crap, I meant in comparison to better quality monitors. also with regards to features, I never have given a damn about extras on a monitor. color, brightness and refresh rate are the most important things. .25 dpi and 1200x1600 max is standard on just about every crt out there of decent quality. Someone mentioned a dell with a sony tube. Absolutely common. My nec fe991sb has a sony tube as well and it is fantastic. Samsung quality has definitely improved the last five years as have other cheapo brands like lg. (I have an lg1710s 17" lcd on my building desk. It's average quality cheap price). When we talk about pixels, we are not talking about dpi on lcd's are we? Really who cares? What is important on an lcd is refresh rate (yes I know it works differently than a crt but for gaming it is a real issue) as well as how it handles blacks and grays, and of course distortion away from centre. CRT monitors are old school technology. I still have a 17" nec crt thats the size of a building that has a fantastic picture. It's a matter of taste. I like the look of LCD's on a desktop as much as the next guy but what matters most to me is picture quality and bang for the buck. If I can get a 19" crt with a picture superior to ANY LCD of equivalent price (lets mention screen area as well...) or even close and I have enough desk space to handle it, then it should be a no-brainer. Only women (like my wife) care what the monitor looks like sitting on a desk enough to influence their purchase. (Yikes that came out sexist but you have to meet my wife to understand!!!)

Home PC
(13 items)
CPU
Intel G3440
Motherboard
Asus B85M-E/CSM
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz
Hard Drive
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB x2 / 3TB x 2 - WD
Optical Drive
LG CH12LS28 Bluray
Power Supply
Corsair CX430 V2
Cooling
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan
Case
NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module
Operating System
Windows 10 64 Bit
Monitor
Samsung 75" TV....
Keyboard
GooBang Doo MX3
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in