Vid Card/Mobo problem. Easy Reps! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Vid Card/Mobo problem. Easy Reps!

post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 344 (Unique: 259)
Okay, so i was cleaning my vid card and hs w. a vacume.. so anyways, when i put everything back together, i got 3 beeps from my mobo and i couldnt see anything on my screen.. So people told me to clear my CMOS which i did via battery method, and still, i couldnt see anything on my screen. Mobo no longer beeps, and i cannot see anything on my moniter. This isnt a moniter problem for sure, So any1 with any ideas of whats broken, please tell me. Big reps will be given.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 430 (Unique: 256)
Make sure that the video card is seated properly in the slot and make sure you didnt break anything off while vaccuming.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCnerd
Make sure that the video card is seated properly in the slot and make sure you didnt break anything off while vaccuming.

k i dont really know if i broke anything... lol.. the vid card is seated properly in the slot.. although, i did use a paper clip to soften up the dust that was stuck in the fan so i could suck it all up...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Linux Guru

Rep: 484 (Unique: 264)
I seriously hope that you didn't use a bristled cleaning head when vacuuming, it can sause static which could have fried your vid card.

If you dust internal components use a goathair bush, it massivley reduces the potential for ESD.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnhell
I seriously hope that you didn't use a bristled cleaning head when vacuuming, it can sause static which could have fried your vid card.

If you dust internal components use a goathair bush, it massivley reduces the potential for ESD.

LOL whats a bristled cleaning head? i used that one which is like... well i dont know, but u clean corners with it around the house.. lol.. Whats a GoatHair Brush? =/

I dont mind if i fried a NoBrand GeForce4Mx440.. lol. Btw, When booting up about 20 times, the page only loaded ONCE, and when restarted, page never came back.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 311 (Unique: 210)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberN00B
Okay, so i was cleaning my vid card and hs w. a vacume.. so anyways, when i put everything back together, i got 3 beeps from my mobo and i couldnt see anything on my screen.. So people told me to clear my CMOS which i did via battery method, and still, i couldnt see anything on my screen. Mobo no longer beeps, and i cannot see anything on my moniter. This isnt a moniter problem for sure, So any1 with any ideas of whats broken, please tell me. Big reps will be given.
warning !

be carefull not to touch yr pc components when using a vac cleaner as the produce a hell of a lot of static off the ends of 'em.

cheers

soz LostnHell i didn't see you had suggested the same

smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif...and be happy not mad !

Major changes in the 'Dungeon of Doom' on now
3700+Sandiego KACAE @ 2.85GHz(285x10) 203MHz 2-3-2-5 1Tpost-flame-small.gif3700+Sandiego CCBWE @ 2.42GHz(220x11) 220MHz 2-3-3-6post-flame-small.gif3000+Barton @ inactive for now

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 603 (Unique: 367)
re-seat the ram...or try it in a different slot like 3...the videocard not seated properly is the likely cause...but just make sure everything is clicked in good!!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE
re-seat the ram...or try it in a different slot like 3...the videocard not seated properly is the likely cause...but just make sure everything is clicked in good!!

yeah man, everything is seated properly and everythin. I only got 1 proper boot out of about 20 restarts... Does any1 know if i fried my vid card possibly? Or if anythin else is messed? (Getting new Vid Card, Proc, Mobo.. Will this help?)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Linux Guru

Rep: 484 (Unique: 264)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberN00B
LOL whats a bristled cleaning head? i used that one which is like... well i dont know, but u clean corners with it around the house.. lol.. Whats a GoatHair Brush? =/

I dont mind if i fried a NoBrand GeForce4Mx440.. lol. Btw, When booting up about 20 times, the page only loaded ONCE, and when restarted, page never came back.
A bristled head is a cleaning extensions with the brush on it.
A goat hair brush it a mildly expensive painting brush made from goat hair.

What is the loading comment in reference to?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostnhell
A bristled head is a cleaning extensions with the brush on it.
A goat hair brush it a mildly expensive painting brush made from goat hair.

What is the loading comment in reference to?

Well, just letting you guys know. I find it confusing.. =/.. I tried booting it 10 times, Didnt work, 11th time, It worked, but then i had to restart to check.. next 9 times, never booted.. (Booting as in.... Turning it on and getting to the page where u can go to bios.. Moniter keeps saying, PLEASE CHECK SIGNAL when no boot.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in