Just bought a viewsonic LCD, couple of Q's. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Just bought a viewsonic LCD, couple of Q's.

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 45)
I just bought a Viewsonic VP171b-2 flat panel LCD monitor last night. It should arrive on Monday. I am having some after thought's about it. I am currently running 1024 X 768 on my 17" CRT monitor (16" viewable) . The optimum resolution on the new flat panel monitor(as on all 17 flat panel monitors) is 1280 X 1024. The viewable on the new monitor is 17". Is the extra inch that I am gaining from the new monitor going to off set the smaller text and icons on the screen at all? I was playing around with my monitor today and the 1280 X 1024 is bearable, but its still small. Does viewing the picture on the flat panel monitor using DVI connection increase the sharpness of the text? What resolutions are everyone running?

2.85 ghz @ 1.6v on Air biggrin.gif
"Inspiration is best defined as a memory never expirenced."
"If pacman had affected us as kids we 'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetetive electronic music."Nintendo made this statement in 1989 to defend the fact that computer games do not affect kids.

How do I see which programs on my computer are trying to connect to the internet? F.A.Q

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 265 (Unique: 175)
Things will be somewhat small on the lcd, cause i used to have one, but it will not take long to get used to.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:37 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 429 (Unique: 250)
You'll be fine at 1280x1024. On a 19" it's real clean and text is sharp as hell too. Believe me, 1024 x 768 makes the icons look too big.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 45)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transonic
You'll be fine at 1280x1024. On a 19" it's real clean and text is sharp as hell too. Believe me, 1024 x 768 makes the icons look too big.
Should I have gone with a 19" instead? Is the 17" too small? I know this is a silly question but does 1280 X 1024 look the similar on a 19" Vs a 17" , or does it look pretty much the same?
Also, whats everyones opinion on the monitor I just purchased?

2.85 ghz @ 1.6v on Air biggrin.gif
"Inspiration is best defined as a memory never expirenced."
"If pacman had affected us as kids we 'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetetive electronic music."Nintendo made this statement in 1989 to defend the fact that computer games do not affect kids.

How do I see which programs on my computer are trying to connect to the internet? F.A.Q

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in