Digital vs Analog - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Digital vs Analog

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Can anyone tell me the difference? I was thinking of getting the Hyundai L72S but it is only analog, then I was reading some reviews of the Hyundai L90D and it is 2" bigger and digital, but it is $100 more. So do you think 2" and digital is worth $100, especially for a kid going into college in a couple months?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Can anyone tell me the difference? I was thinking of getting the Hyundai L72S but it is only analog, then I was reading some reviews of the Hyundai L90D and it is 2" bigger and digital, but it is $100 more. So do you think 2" and digital is worth $100, especially for a kid going into college in a couple months?
the only diff is that a dvi output is digital and the serial type os like the old crt's is analog. see before lcd crt's only read an analog signal but the graphics card produced a digital signal, so they had to switch it from digital to analog on the board so its a waste of space the new dvi is a pure digital signal without being converted giving it a better display quality but if your graphics card doesnt have a dvi port ( the longer rectangle usualy white one) just get the analog lcd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in