Is the Dell 2001fp 20.3" LCD Good? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Is the Dell 2001fp 20.3" LCD Good?

 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 409
Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Hello, I was wondering if anyone sees any problems with this Dell 2001FP Monitor??? I am looking at maybe buying a new monitor and this looks good (the price not so much). What really caught my eye was the 20.3 inch size and the 1600x1200 display in an lcd. However, how would a game i.e. Call of Duty play on a widescreen??? I guess it may be a simple answer but to me it seems like the monitor would either have to distort the image or cut it off on the sides, any1 know? Thx for all input, good or bad,
Ryan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:44 PM
 
setite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Hello, I was wondering if anyone sees any problems with this Dell 2001FP Monitor??? I am looking at maybe buying a new monitor and this looks good (the price not so much). What really caught my eye was the 20.3 inch size and the 1600x1200 display in an lcd. However, how would a game i.e. Call of Duty play on a widescreen??? I guess it may be a simple answer but to me it seems like the monitor would either have to distort the image or cut it off on the sides, any1 know? Thx for all input, good or bad,
Well the thing to look for in gaming is the response time. If it is 16ms and lower your good... above that and you will find ghosting... a truly annoying affect for any fast paced videos or gaming. Under the Tech Specs I didn't see any mention of tthe response leading me to believe that it isnt good... you may wanna call dell
setite is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 409
Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Well actually, kinda odd, it is 16ms response time! So that should be good, but does the fact that it is wide screen cause any problems for gaming?
Ryan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:05 PM
 
setite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Well actually, kinda odd, it is 16ms response time! So that should be good, but does the fact that it is wide screen cause any problems for gaming?
whats the resolution.. and where the hell does it say 16ms.. because i cant find it
setite is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 409
Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
Sry for the slow response...here's the link for a review over at anandtech.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1918
Ryan is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 09:27 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,267
Rep: 173 (Unique: 136)
aznchowboy650 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Retired Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Burbs of Detroit
Posts: 45,669
Rep: 1182 (Unique: 629)
Research it's aspect ratio. 300 so so 500 much better. The bottom line is CRT's w/a .20 DPI are still better and flats crap out a lot.

Check out some of the 21" CRTs w/a Trinatron or Diamondtron flat screen. they take up a lot of space but are beautyful. I'm still on a vertical flat 21" and I love it even though it's 18 1/2" deep!

Please DO NOT Cite the TOS, simply REPORT and DO NOT REPLY or quote it.
"Life is Learning, Learning is Sharing, Sharing is Life"
"Overclocking is like a drug addiction, the difference is we go broke improving our brain cells instead of destroying them!"
Where in the world to buy on-line
Dual or Multi Partition and Why
Everyone, GET Folding, it is important no matter how much you contribute smile.gif
Phenom II should be called Ph II, not a P II because it isn't an old Intel teaching.gif


The Duke is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 08:00 PM
 
setite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke
Research it's aspect ratio. 300 so so 500 much better. The bottom line is CRT's w/a .20 DPI are still better and flats crap out a lot.

Check out some of the 21" CRTs w/a Trinatron or Diamondtron flat screen. they take up a lot of space but are beautyful. I'm still on a vertical flat 21" and I love it even though it's 18 1/2" deep!
agreed... i may never go to a LCD or other "slim" option until they are truly better for the same price... i mean I have the room for a CRT so there is no reason for an LCD...

EDIT: 2 months later i retract this statement... widescreen biotch!
setite is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off