*Solved* BenQ E2200HD black borders - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

*Solved* BenQ E2200HD black borders

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 65 (Unique: 62)
So, I just reinstalled my windows 7 to my new hdd and when i try to set 1920x1080 resolution there appears black borders and the picture is giving me headache.

Im using HDMI cable to my screen and other end is on DVI adapter to my video card, I tried for fun does DVI cable have this problem and answer was no.

I didnt have this problem on past OS when changed the cable, what Im missing?

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 05:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Well, did you try checking the drivers for your video card? You can check if your drivers are up to date by going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Your video card. then right click it, and "Update Driver Software...". Windows 7 should take care of the rest.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 339 (Unique: 301)
Go to your Desktops & Displays properties in CCC, and look for your display in the lower side by side showing of your displays. Click it on the triangle, and Configure. There you should see options for Scaling. This should fix your problem.

Twitter/Vine: @Demented1971 - YouTube: Demented1971

Demented's Time-Lapse LEGO Builds!
Project: SWITCH W A V E
Famous Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflux go_quote.gif

Yeah, soon we'll completely avoid using textual and vocal communication and instead just walk around with our jaws unlocked, heads tilted back and dribble on the floor everywhere we go. The size of the dribble pool will indicate how long someone has been somewhere and the language will consist of gargling noises and farts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias go_quote.gif

The consumption of LSD would not cause you to misinterpret the properties of your overclock, trust me. I overclock while tripping balls all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar go_quote.gif

I just accidentally locked the thread for 2 seconds when I was trying to click the unread posts button redface.gif
My Clubs (Click to show)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pent View Post
Well, did you try checking the drivers for your video card? You can check if your drivers are up to date by going to Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Your video card. then right click it, and "Update Driver Software...". Windows 7 should take care of the rest.
It says that I have latest drivers :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Go to your Desktops & Displays properties in CCC, and look for your display in the lower side by side showing of your displays. Click it on the triangle, and Configure. There you should see options for Scaling. This should fix your problem.
I only see "Rotate" "Identify" "Propeties..." on that triangle
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
It says that I have latest drivers :/

I only see "Rotate" "Identify" "Propeties..." on that triangle
It should be on the bottom. The ones up top only have those options, but the bottom ones show the options for configuration.

LL
LL

Quote:

Yeah, soon we'll completely avoid using textual and vocal communication and instead just walk around with our jaws unlocked, heads tilted back and dribble on the floor everywhere we go. The size of the dribble pool will indicate how long someone has been somewhere and the language will consist of gargling noises and farts.
Quote:

The consumption of LSD would not cause you to misinterpret the properties of your overclock, trust me. I overclock while tripping balls all the time.
Quote:

I just accidentally locked the thread for 2 seconds when I was trying to click the unread posts button redface.gif
My Clubs (Click to show)

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
It should be on the bottom. The ones up top only have those options, but the bottom ones show the options for configuration.

Its working now, thanks alot! +1 rep
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 06:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Glad you got it running right! This annoyed me to all hell when I switched to the Red side and had this happen with my HDTV.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My Clubs (Click to show)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in