Any way to play ps2 on my computer? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Any way to play ps2 on my computer?

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
My monitor is 27 inches and my tv is only 20 and on my computer I have surround sound that can be hooked up to my ps2. But I do not have a video card that allows video in. Is there there some low cost hardware that I can get to be able to use my ps2 with this monitor?
thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 22 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthlonXpM
My monitor is 27 inches and my tv is only 20 and on my computer I have surround sound that can be hooked up to my ps2. But I do not have a video card that allows video in. Is there there some low cost hardware that I can get to be able to use my ps2 with this monitor?
thanks for any help.
Yeah...dld an Emulator and be sure you have a DVD rom..then you can play your PS2 games ON your PC!

AQUAMARK3 TRISCORE
GFX 33,534
CPU 17,747

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthlonXpM
thanks for any help.
I hate you ... I want a 27" flat screen monitor... that would just be godly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 1130 (Unique: 519)
Not sure about PS2, but xBox has a RCA to VGA converter, so I'd bet there's one for PS2 too...

Heh, Computers... sozo.gif
I'm back, yo! Be gentle! biggrin.gif
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 475 (Unique: 269)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Not sure about PS2, but xBox has a RCA to VGA converter, so I'd bet there's one for PS2 too...
Yes there is!!! I got mine on ebay for like 18 bucks about a year ago. Just do a search for PS2 VGA adapter, you should even be able to find it at local videogame stores like Gamestop, EBX, ETC...

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 10:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 222 (Unique: 155)
I've got my PS2 connected to my PC via the composite input on my TV Card and the audio via the line-in input of the mobo. Then I use WinDVR to select the composite input.

Quote:
Colin McRae: - "If in doubt, flat out"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 356 (Unique: 194)
This is from a Canadian site, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it on tigerdirect.com, or newegg.com. It's a USB 2.0 device so it should work pretty good.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 589 (Unique: 377)
I would reccomend getting a cheap TV tuner with a SVideo and RCA input. Then just plug the PS2 into htat and your set. (I did this, it works great. I have a Conextant BT878)

post-flame-small.gifKeep the standards high and the noise low. Do YOU have quality content?post-flame-small.gif

Can't get enough of Overclock.net? Keep up with us on Facebook!

For any time-sensitive issues, or anything pertaining to our business operations, email is a far better way to contact me than PM. Please remember you can contact any staff member via email to their username @overclocked.net.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 08:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 25)
I have been looking for a PS2 emulator for a Long time.... Theres that Gleem or Bleem or whatever but i never got it to work... I would lover to run PS2 games on my comp but its just a pipe dream isnt it....

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 589 (Unique: 377)
Yeah, i've tried all the emulators while my PS2 was broke, but they all suck. You have flash the PS2 bios, and just alot of work for nothing to special.

post-flame-small.gifKeep the standards high and the noise low. Do YOU have quality content?post-flame-small.gif

Can't get enough of Overclock.net? Keep up with us on Facebook!

For any time-sensitive issues, or anything pertaining to our business operations, email is a far better way to contact me than PM. Please remember you can contact any staff member via email to their username @overclocked.net.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in