Strange, unknown devices on my network - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Strange, unknown devices on my network

post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 02:18 PM

Rep: 1497 (Unique: 1041)
That seems logical to me as the phones show up and then disappear within 20 seconds or so.

9980XE  •  APEX VI  •  3600CL15  •  2080TI FE  •  34GK950F-B  •  970 PRO 1TB  •  1600T2  •  800D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

That seems logical to me as the phones show up and then disappear within 20 seconds or so.

I think that might very well be what's happening, helps to know I'm not the only one experiencing this

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 05:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I'm having this same issue. I see a computer showing up named "Full_Ford", and it lasts for about 30 seconds. I've taken the MAC address and cannot find it in my router's list of known devices. Not knowing what this was, I changed my wifi passkey to something that is VERY strong, 12 characters, with a various mix of special keys and numbers, blah blah blah. I also disabled my guest network.

This morning I got up and saw the same thing again. the description shows it as an Amazon item, model #KFFOWI. Google search shows it as being a tablet, although I have no Amazon tablets.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 06:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 268 (Unique: 129)
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 07:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

of course I could, but I'd rather figure out what it is exactly. Can't be a hacker, or at least I'm reasonably sure its not. No way they could have deciphered my password that quickly.
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 06:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

From what I have found, full_ford is related to the amazon fire stick/fire tv as well as amazon tablets
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

I, too, am experiencing this odd issue. The device changes from reporting itself as an Amazon fire late model to a fire phone, always Amazon.

I definitely do not own this device, and have just moved to a new house, rebuilt my LAN, replaced my WiFi Router, and the device is still here. ***?

I should also add the device is not picking up an IP address, it's MAC doesn't appear in any of the AP or Firewall Syslogs.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-05-2016, 07:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

I have noticed this since I bought an Android MXQ box which is connected to my network. I've also bought a wireless keyboard which is connected to the MXQ so it may be that. I suspect it is the MXQ box
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

I see the same on my router, and it is probably the Amazon app installed on the Samsung (or other smart) TV that is emulating a Fire Stick.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 04:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello, I am a Japanese. full_ford icon appear also on my network.
It seems that Microsoft says WPS often shows icons of devices which are searching access points.
(http://www.firstreview.jp/2013/08/869/ Note: in Japanese)

But, I don't think young persons who have Amazon tablets don't live near my house. so it's very strange.
I could block the mac address, but I want to know what they are doing in my network.
Is there any new information?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in