Receive/Transmitt Buffers: What value is best for Twitch FPS Games? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Receive/Transmitt Buffers: What value is best for Twitch FPS Games?

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter
Overclocker

Rep: 140 (Unique: 94)
Receive/Transmitt Buffers: What value is best for Twitch FPS Games?

Hello,

In a quest to find a good balance on Rx/Tx for those weapons that have a high rate of fire (you send multiple packets faster). Can you help explain how Rx/Tx works, if at all, when it comes to weapons in FPS game?

I need some help understanding if their is any relation between Receive/Transmit Buffers and packets that are transmitted by a bullet from a weapon in FPS games.

I've not found any concrete information about what numeric value is best other then it's default 512/256. And conflicting information regarding setting between it's lowest to highest value. IE: 64/80 vs 2048.

Between those 2 values I've read that 2048 (what is that buffers, bits, packets?) will provide maximum throughput but at the cost of latency. Most notable when you are in a network of other computers more so then downloading/uploading on the internet.

With a value of 80 (again not sure what to call this ... buffers) it can reduce latency but at the cost of throughput. The idea is that with a lower value, you fill a buffer/queue faster at 80 so it's processed vs. having to fill a buffer/queue 2048. Thus causing the latency. However, after trying both lowest and highest values in BO4 I haven't seen any benefit when firing SMGs in the game. I don't have any issue firing weapons that are at a slower rate of fire be it BO4, BF, Overwatch, Pubg, etc.

Furthermore, the information is conflicting as to which to use (even a middle value/default). When it comes to making sure your bullets register properly in a fast pace FPS game.

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by EastCoast; 09-01-2019 at 07:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in