Ivy Bridge Discussion/News thread - Page 83 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: What are you getting?
Sandy Bridge-E 83 23.31%
Ivy Bridge 221 62.08%
Haswell or future 52 14.61%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Ivy Bridge Discussion/News thread

 
Thread Tools
post #821 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 PM
335is
 
NoGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oakland Co, MI
Posts: 10,918
Rep: 769 (Unique: 312)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vite0150 View Post

I already saw enough oc under l2n but where's the test under something normal biggrin.gif (water/air)

Going to have to wait till the reviews come out with actual benchmarks.
NoGuru is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #822 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
DaClownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 5,636
Rep: 286 (Unique: 244)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post

Going to have to wait till the reviews come out with actual benchmarks.

NG, though I take this with a grain of salt overall, it does atleast have me a little concerned... Why wouldn't ANY leaks be of air/water-cooled results?

Side note: This better not be an April 29th paper launch, but a physical launch... cutting it real close on upgrading this computer and getting my old one off to my brother in time for D3 on May 15th smile.gif

R.I.P. Syrillian - August 13, 2011
Amazing during your time here on earth, but your calling in heaven must be extraordinary.


About drbaltazar's translated posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat79 go_quote.gif

i like the!new GPU from AMD!this discovery( could mean !alot ! i like grapes!


DaClownie is offline  
post #823 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Retired Moderation
 
Arizonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 10,660
Rep: 313 (Unique: 253)
It better be a hard launch on April 29th. I bought the rest of my components on April 8th and if anything is wrong with them I'd need to have it up and built before May 8th or I can't replace any DOA stuff. I'll have to go through vendor RMA process which is most of the time very painful and time consuming.

Probably should have held off but as soon as I saw the Z77 boards go up I had to have the ASUS Sabertooth and pulled the trigger on the HX100 as well. I'm worried now.

I'm sure they will probably sell out quick on the Intel CPU's. Anyone know how CPU sales are day of release? Is it anything like the 7970 and 680 sales have been?


CPU
|INTEL i7 4790K [4.6 GHz]
Motherboard
|ASUS Z97 Maximus Formula VII
GPU
|SAPPHIRE Nitro R9 Fury
RAM
|CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 2133
Hard Drive
|PNY CS2211 XLR8 480 [Gaming]
Hard Drive
|WD Velociraptor 1TB [Storage]
Hard Drive
|SAMSUNG 850 Pro 256 [OS]
Power Supply
|SUPERNOVA P2 1000
Monitor
|VIEWSONIC XG 2700 [4K IPS Freesync]
Keyboard
|DUCKY Shine 5 YOTG
Mouse
|LOGITECH G Pro [Modified]
Mouse
|ZOWIE G-SR Dark Gray
Audio
|SENNHEISER HD650
Audio
|SCHIIT Modi 2 Uber
Audio
|SCHIIT Magni
Audio
|BLUE Snow Ball ICE [Black]
Audio
|CORSAIR SP2500
Other
|CORSAIR Obsidian 450D
Other
|CORSAIR H100i
Other
|NOCTUA NF-F14 [2] & NF-A12 [3] Chroma
▲ hide details ▲
Arizonian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #824 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 AM
335is
 
NoGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oakland Co, MI
Posts: 10,918
Rep: 769 (Unique: 312)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClownie View Post

NG, though I take this with a grain of salt overall, it does atleast have me a little concerned... Why wouldn't ANY leaks be of air/water-cooled results?
Side note: This better not be an April 29th paper launch, but a physical launch... cutting it real close on upgrading this computer and getting my old one off to my brother in time for D3 on May 15th smile.gif

Because a lot of the people that get ES samples are hard core benchers. Also a lot of reviewers get them and a lot of them have already done there air benchmarks but will wait till NDA (or whatever it's called) before releasing there info because they want Intel to keep sending them chips.

I am just guessing at this but that is pretty much how it would go for me. Freeze that motha #^$% and and say F)ck the review tongue.gif
NoGuru is offline  
post #825 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:32 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 85
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Like a month or so i saw this "review" Link (now i can't access to it redface.gif)

The guy had a 3770k with a true spirit 140mm (just push)... And it was really hot, he was reaching 105 degrees thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif (but i don't remenber the clock speed, i think it was like 4.6-4.8ghz)

That's why i want to see more air testing to confirm (or not) that temps rolleyes.gif


Anyways, i hope that at least i can reach 4.5ghz 24/7 with safe temps lol

vite0150 is offline  
post #826 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 07:18 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,269
Rep: 83 (Unique: 67)
4.5 is so low that every Sandy will do, 4.7 you meant? biggrin.gif
psyside is offline  
post #827 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
DaClownie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 5,636
Rep: 286 (Unique: 244)
Well, that'd be info intel wouldn't mind going around the NDA right? "I can't get into specifics let's just say 5ghz+ on mid range air cooler" It's vague, gives away nothing, other than that there's potential...

I'm definitely going Z77 for the motherboard... but I'm patiently waiting to decide if I just grab an i7-2700k from MC tongue.gif

R.I.P. Syrillian - August 13, 2011
Amazing during your time here on earth, but your calling in heaven must be extraordinary.


About drbaltazar's translated posts:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat79 go_quote.gif

i like the!new GPU from AMD!this discovery( could mean !alot ! i like grapes!


DaClownie is offline  
post #828 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Retired Staff
 
$ilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 15,517
Rep: 550 (Unique: 398)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

It better be a hard launch on April 29th. I bought the rest of my components on April 8th and if anything is wrong with them I'd need to have it up and built before May 8th or I can't replace any DOA stuff. I'll have to go through vendor RMA process which is most of the time very painful and time consuming.
Probably should have held off but as soon as I saw the Z77 boards go up I had to have the ASUS Sabertooth and pulled the trigger on the HX100 as well. I'm worried now.
I'm sure they will probably sell out quick on the Intel CPU's. Anyone know how CPU sales are day of release? Is it anything like the 7970 and 680 sales have been?

I see what you mean. April 29th is a sunday, which is a strange day to release a new CPU to say the least. I reckon Monday 30th you will be able to pick these up relatively easily...at least in USA.

Im hoping to pick a 3770k up though, and will happily go get one on 29th if they actually do release it that day.


$ilent is offline  
post #829 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:13 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Erakith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 679
Rep: 58 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post

I see what you mean. April 29th is a sunday, which is a strange day to release a new CPU to say the least. I reckon Monday 30th you will be able to pick these up relatively easily...at least in USA.
Im hoping to pick a 3770k up though, and will happily go get one on 29th if they actually do release it that day.

Not sure what retailers will be like, but I know I'm going to be camping newegg until they go live. I don't care how long I gotta stay up. I'm eastern, too. Ffffffff.

3570k and one day shipping ftw.
Erakith is offline  
post #830 of 1172 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Retired Staff
 
$ilent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 15,517
Rep: 550 (Unique: 398)
$ilent is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off