Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 991 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?
Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard). 237 80.07%
Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard). 45 15.20%
No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard). 7 2.36%
No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard). 7 2.36%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*

post #9901 of 9903 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 466 (Unique: 313)
Quote: Originally Posted by PauliePeanuts View Post
@DarthFK or anyone else here paying attention to this thread... I no longer can get into my bios, and I am not sure why.. i click f2/del, but it just bypasses and goes right into windows... I read there is an option under settings to restart into UFEFI , but my windows doesn't have that option displayed.. no idea what to do..
Do you actually use UEFI boot or do you use "Legacy" = "BIOS" boot? If you don't use UEFI there's no such option to reboot into the UEFI/BIOS menus in Windows. You know that you use UEFI boot if you can see a 100MB sized partition with a text "EFI System" in the Disk Management tool in Windows.

If you do use UEFI, this kind of thing is caused by enabling a "fast boot" option somewhere in the UEFI/BIOS menus. At boot it will then not look for the keyboard and will instead go into Windows immediately. There should be a way to make the UEFI/BIOS boot with its default, slower mode where it will look for the keyboard. I don't know how to trigger this, but what I would try is disconnecting power for the whole PC for something like ten seconds.

If you do not use UEFI, then maybe your problem is that the UEFI/BIOS can't detect your keyboard at boot. Did you change something about that recently? Like, are you using a different keyboard? Or did you connect it to a different USB port? I've seen motherboards where only PS/2 keyboard were guaranteed to work, and USB keyboard were often problematic, especially gaming stuff with "n-key roll-over" over USB.

This keyboard problem idea could of course also hit you when using UEFI boot, so the keyboard not being detected is always something to think about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9902 of 9903 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by PauliePeanuts View Post
@DarthFK or anyone else here paying attention to this thread... I no longer can get into my bios, and I am not sure why.. i click f2/del, but it just bypasses and goes right into windows... I read there is an option under settings to restart into UFEFI , but my windows doesn't have that option displayed.. no idea what to do..

Try shutdown /r /f /t 0 /fw at the command prompt, or if you are using an asrock mobo download restart2uefi from their website
post #9903 of 9903 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
When i look in system info, it says my bios is legacy mode.. Is that something I should change? I got it to work by resetting the bios with the jumper , Im not sure what happened. I was always able to get into the bios using the F2 key.. I might have shut off legacy USB in bios, maybe that is what disabled it? Not sure. It seems to be working now after the CMOS clear with the jumper.. I see USB legacy is now enabled by default.. I think someone recommended i turned that off to help trouble shoot some issues with my VR headset.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in