[Official] Delidded Club / Guide - Page 1101 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Delidded Club / Guide

post #11001 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM
TotallydubbedHD on YT

Rep: 626 (Unique: 349)
Mike +rep for those pics!
I might want to get some of that glue....does it hold really strongly? I must consider glues to buy.
I'm in the UK though...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11002 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 166 (Unique: 142)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchronic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawatz View Post

I can't convince myself to get the CLP or the CLU, I don't see much in a point if my max temps reach 82c using IBT on air.

It never touches about 65c on gaming/prime95/folding.

I just don't see a point in it seeing that I already have a decently crappy chip.
why did u delid your chip and not put coolabs pro/ultra? i think that is the whole point of deliding its proven to be the best TIM for what we are doing.

I kinda agree with the guy. CLU/CLP is great but at $15+ it's a little too expensive. Would rather put that money towards something else honestly. I mean considering you can get a high end ceramique like masscool for under $4 for 1.5g.

Makes a nice birthday gift to ask for though. bday is coming up and people asking me what i want. i dont really want anything. i guess i could ask for clu but eh.
post #11003 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:56 PM
I Like Beer

Rep: 261 (Unique: 169)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

I kinda agree with the guy. CLU/CLP is great but at $15+ it's a little too expensive. Would rather put that money towards something else honestly. I mean considering you can get a high end ceramique like masscool for under $4 for 1.5g.

Makes a nice birthday gift to ask for though. bday is coming up and people asking me what i want. i dont really want anything. i guess i could ask for clu but eh.

Please take Notice to Upper right 5.25 bay cover? 14$ for 30c temp drops vs 4$ for 10c temp drops id think you would have to be rather stupid to not pay an extra 10$ for 20C?
If you want to save a buck for less performance these guys feel the same way... https://www.overclock.net/t/1318995/official-fx-8320-fx-8350-vishera-owners-club/0_20
applaud.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11005 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Well because im running p95 for now, been running a good 6+ hours now (4.6ghz/1.375vcore, but with pwm phase at extreme performance, vcore voltage response at fast, and llc at extreme, seems to help slightly with stability, hopefully this will be stable where 4.6/1.4v at just turbo llc wasn't at the 19th hour), i got these paint pics of my build.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

memory multi is 13.33 woops

forgot few things - set auto for dram timing selectable (default), and pretty sure profile vtt is 1.05, not 1.30. i know my vtt is always at ~1.06

As for other bios settings, I disabled atheros lan (lan #1 or whatever, not the pch lan), disabled every single sata, marvel sata controller, except sata port 0 (for my single ssd). Disabled via 1394. Enabled rapid start. 90*C warning temp (wow im really surprised these boards dont have a shutdown temp... even my $30 biostar did). Disabled igpu, initialize to peg (graphics card). i think thats it. ram timings read as 9/9/9/24 on the left side and are clearly 9/9/9/24 and all (don't think they'd be the problem given the ram i have, btw when i ran 2133mhz apparently they didnt use the xmp timings, just 9/9/9etc, the board is fine with 1866/cl7/1.65v but not 2133/cl7/1.65v but w/e, i'll worry about that later im pretty sure ram isnt the problem here).
post #11006 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 98 (Unique: 75)
I paid $35 for my CLU since I shipped it urgent.... BEST $35 I PAID PERFORMANCE WISE.

post #11007 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

ah okay where's the cheapest place to get clu i'll get it for my bday -_-
suppose i can ask my gf for paracord, but gotta see if it voids rma or not (just sleeving the last 6 inches of it, i want it to be the stock full cable sleeve where it goes from psu to behind the mobo panel, and only single wire paracord sleeve where it connects).
post #11008 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 98)
Quote:

I can't convince myself to get the CLP or the CLU, I don't see much in a point if my max temps reach 82c using IBT on air.

I just don't see a point in it seeing that I already have a decently crappy chip.

if your happy with the results you have now, then dont change it smile.gif
but like the others say, thats the best money theyve spent in pursuit of performance, temp wise..

AS5 on the die, 80C hottest core

Liquid Pro on the die, 55C hottest core

i like low temps, even if i would have a "crappy" chip, lower temps is always better
post #11009 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonDutch View Post

Quote:

if your happy with the results you have now, then dont change it smile.gif
but like the others say, thats the best money theyve spent in pursuit of performance, temp wise..

AS5 on the die, 80C hottest core

Liquid Pro on the die, 55C hottest core

i like low temps, even if i would have a "crappy" chip, lower temps is always better

That's not really fair to compare CLP to AS5. I'd question how awesome CLP really is if you compare it to a modern, relevant paste. Comparing to AS5 is like saying "ivy bridge is the best chip I bought, you should definitely buy it over your sandy bridge, check out these before and after benchmarks I have of my ivy bridge against a pentium 2"

I wonder if something better than CLU/Indigo and PK3/masscool is out. The nature of TIMs, you dont hear about them until they become irrelevant (as5, clp). I think I'm gonna have to get some CLU - not because I want to, but because if I don't ask for something, my aunt will buy me another hideous sweater. I'll be sure to do a small fft test if/when i get it to really see how great it is (honestly I do expect a significant difference and yea i actually do think its a good value, a drop of 10*C over a high end modern paste like pk-3 maybe, i mean you'd pay premium $60+ for that kind of drop on just a heatsink upgrade).
post #11010 of 34583 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 03:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 98)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

That's not really fair to compare CLP to AS5. I'd question how awesome CLP really is if you compare it to a modern, relevant paste. Comparing to AS5 is like saying "ivy bridge is the best chip I bought, you should definitely buy it over your sandy bridge, check out these before and after benchmarks I have of my ivy bridge against a pentium 2"

I wonder if something better than CLU/Indigo and PK3/masscool is out. The nature of TIMs, you dont hear about them until they become irrelevant (as5, clp). I think I'm gonna have to get some CLU - not because I want to, but because if I don't ask for something, my aunt will buy me another hideous sweater. I'll be sure to do a small fft test if/when i get it to really see how great it is (honestly I do expect a significant difference and yea i actually do think its a good value, a drop of 10*C over a high end modern paste like pk-3 maybe, i mean you'd pay premium $60+ for that kind of drop on just a heatsink upgrade).

i think in this case it does, if i remember well, megawatz used AS5 also,
nothing wrong with my comparison that way smile.gif

i think its more "wrong' to do a comparison like yours ...lol

"ivy bridge is the best chip I bought, you should definitely buy it over your sandy bridge,
check out these before and after benchmarks I have of my ivy bridge against a pentium 2"

ivy against a pentium 2 ...haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in