Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics] - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Haswell Overclocking Guide [With Statistics]

post #11 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 36)
Thanks for the guide. So people who were limited to 4.2GHz or so at the beginning managed to get to 4.5 or 4.6 with ease after setting uncore multi to 35 ha? If this is a "fact", I'd possibly wanna try a Haswell. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 05:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 60 (Unique: 53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anusha View Post

Thanks for the guide. So people who were limited to 4.2GHz or so at the beginning managed to get to 4.5 or 4.6 with ease after setting uncore multi to 35 ha? If this is a "fact", I'd possibly wanna try a Haswell. smile.gif

Correct....nearly the whole community were scratching their heads at why Haswell was such a poor OCer. Launch week was such a mess, with many folks claiming 4.2-4.4ghz. And they were all wondering how Linus and JJ got theirs to 4.8ghz with ease....it's because they had an extremely cherry picked unit, that could do 4.8ghz with 2400mhz RAM and full native uncore (or at least close to native 1:1)

Once a few weeks passed, people were finding out lowering the uncore opened up the headroom....and now we are here today. So hopefully more people can get their 4.5-4.6ghz by lowering the uncore. Thermals will be even more of a challenge than Ivy though....due to the FIVR under the IHS. I'm gonna say once thermals and uncore is taken care of, I'm willing to bet Haswell can OC just as well as Ivy....with maybe a slight lead to Ivy in terms of clock speed. But Haswell has the upper hand in improved IPCs at the same clock

post #13 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter
M'aiq the Liar

Rep: 417 (Unique: 271)

JJ did say that we will probably have to lower uncore a little bit if we raise the CPU up to 4.6ghz or higher... he did also say that core is king but he didn't really show how useless uncore seems to be. Lowering uncore by 0.7ghz did as much difference as a change in  core clock of 0.05ghz.If people can somehow keep the thermals down, I think Haswell overclocks better. Asus said they hit it with 2 volts!

==

I added a little bit more info on PLL, input voltage, etc. Little bit more on Aida and it being seemingly easier to pass than other tests. Added a little bit more a guideline on what to expect at voltages.. 1.2, 1.27, 1.3, 1.35, 1.4, 1.5. Elaborated on my experiments with adaptive and chess.

TheRealDeal, I assume you're using the cooler in your siggy? What is your CPU batch number? :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Hi all, my experience with 4770k. I had batch L313B846 Malaysia. Total crap. In AI Suite from Asus I tried optimization. It gave me 4.4 GHz at 1.344V, it was stable, but I wasn't able to get higher OC. At 4.5 Ghz I booted into Win at that was it. I have Asus Z87-PRO MB. I was very dissipointed.... It was total crap.

BTW: Before AI Suite I tried manual OC. 4.2GHz was stable at 1.220V I guess. At that moment I almos knew, that it won't be good peace. And it really wasn't.
post #15 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 01:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 36)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponteral View Post

Hi all, my experience with 4770k. I had batch L313B846 Malaysia. Total crap. In AI Suite from Asus I tried optimization. It gave me 4.4 GHz at 1.344V, it was stable, but I wasn't able to get higher OC. At 4.5 Ghz I booted into Win at that was it. I have Asus Z87-PRO MB. I was very dissipointed.... It was total crap.

BTW: Before AI Suite I tried manual OC. 4.2GHz was stable at 1.220V I guess. At that moment I almos knew, that it won't be good peace. And it really wasn't.
did you play around with the Uncore? or did you just keep it at AUTO or synced it with the core clock?
post #16 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 01:27 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello to Japan and good afternoon also.. smile.gif I have a friend in Tokyo.

Well I set uncore/cache ratio first on auto than I set it on 38. So lower than cores, and it was still the same. 4.4 GHz was max.
post #17 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 01:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
post #18 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 01:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Well, I can't because I sent it back to my reseller and he will give me my money back. I don't wanna have this crap anymore. So I will look for other peace. One seller here has L312B350, so I'm thinking about it... But my peace was a crap.. I'm sure about that.
post #19 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 01:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
post #20 of 19692 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Thank you, I already checked. smile.gif I checked other forums, and I have notepad with OC and Batches. but Thank you for help.. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in