[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1290 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs

post #12891 of 12909 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 04:26 AM
B10S TInk3r

Rep: 0
Sorry @Leemarvin - I don't have the board, so can't see the BIOS to tell you where FSB is at
And since you've jumped around in several threads and none are specifically yours to that system, I can't even find which Board/BIOS you have on my desktop to try and look in BIOS to guide you. I think it's G41, but that's all I remember
Please give the board name again and I will check. I'm sure you can find it though, jump in the BIOS and look for FSB set at auto or 333, then raise it a few at a time until it crashes out, then remember that number.

You may need to clear CMOS to recover once you reach the FSB/PCIE Clock wall point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12892 of 12909 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 06:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
No problem HelpDatBIOS!...you misunderstood me, i've meant taking some pics from my BIOS in order to show those ones to you, so you can guide me and tell me what settings I have to change. I've never implied that you have my board, so no problem man, and sorry for not being clear...

About the INFO about my Motherboard and BIOS, look at the prior page to your last post (page number 1288), you'll see my post. There I've attached all the info you need in two ZIPs (included the BIOS itself)...nevertheless now I'm going to take some pics from the BIOS and I'll send all the information by private message so that we don't mess with the thread, thanxs again man!

PD: I dunno why i couldn't quote your post or even the one I've mentioned from me with the ZIP files, sthg is not working with the web today...

X99
(16 items)
CPU
Xeon E5-2673 v3
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
WD Black M2 SSD PCIe NVMe 500GB
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w GOLD
Cooling
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Case
NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
LG 27UD68P 4K
Keyboard
Corsair K65 LUX RGB MX RED
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 1st GEN
Other
Yamaha HS5 Audio Monitors
▲ hide details ▲
post #12893 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:08 PM
B10S TInk3r

Sorry for delay @Leemarvin ! Now I know what we were talking about, but I already replied to your PM on this. Entire time the issue may have been incorrect updated CPU microcodes, if you've never been able to boot the Xeon E5472 (Only updated codes to your mod BIOS was not for this CPU)
I've sent you a BIOS mod via PM, with properly updated CPU microcodes for that CPU and all others. To change FSB, you need to change "Overclock Mode" to "Manual", then under that CPU Freq and PCIE freq will be adjustable.
Lock/Leave PCIE at 100, if you still cannot adjust those after booting with the mod BIOS I sent you let me know I will mod again. You can test that with your regular CPU, or the Xeon if it will boot now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12894 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by HelpDatBIOS View Post
Sorry for delay @Leemarvin ! Now I know what we were talking about, but I already replied to your PM on this. Entire time the issue may have been incorrect updated CPU microcodes, if you've never been able to boot the Xeon E5472 (Only updated codes to your mod BIOS was not for this CPU)
I've sent you a BIOS mod via PM, with properly updated CPU microcodes for that CPU and all others. To change FSB, you need to change "Overclock Mode" to "Manual", then under that CPU Freq and PCIE freq will be adjustable.
Lock/Leave PCIE at 100, if you still cannot adjust those after booting with the mod BIOS I sent you let me know I will mod again. You can test that with your regular CPU, or the Xeon if it will boot now.
Thanxs man! I'll give a try and later I tell you how it goes.

X99
(16 items)
CPU
Xeon E5-2673 v3
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w GOLD
Cooling
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
LG 27UD68P 4K
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #12895 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 12:25 AM
B10S TInk3r

With your other CPU, see if you can set FSB to 400 with PCIE locked at 100 and memory on lowest multiplier (May need good CPU voltage bump), if you can get that booting at 400 FSB (1600) then you might be able to swap out CPU with setting still there and it could work
It may be reset with new CPU inserted though, I'm not sure. And could be faulty CPU as mentioned in your PM, need another board it should work on to test to be sure.
post #12896 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 09:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

With your other CPU, see if you can set FSB to 400 with PCIE locked at 100 and memory on lowest multiplier (May need good CPU voltage bump), if you can get that booting at 400 FSB (1600) then you might be able to swap out CPU with setting still there and it could work
It may be reset with new CPU inserted though, I'm not sure. And could be faulty CPU as mentioned in your PM, need another board it should work on to test to be sure.
Ive done the 400 with PCIE locked at 100, without touching the voltage, I'll give a new try today, but I don't have much hope right now hahaha...thanxs for everything man!!

X99
(16 items)
CPU
Xeon E5-2673 v3
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w GOLD
Cooling
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
LG 27UD68P 4K
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #12897 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:19 PM
B10S TInk3r

Did 400 work before?
post #12898 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Did 400 work before?
well today i got lucky and it got detected. Yet only when I put the FSB 266 and the CPU ratio to 6 while keeping the PCIe at 100. At one point it was detected in BIOS, later entered in Windows, yet it only worked at 1.9 GHz, I've got a lame 75 in Cinebench. So I decided to restart the PC to get into the BIOS and see what can I tweak in order to make it work normally and it didn't boot again, not detected in BIOS again and obviosuly no windows boot at all...I really don't know what to think about this, but at least it worked at least ONCE!...I was really close to threw it. The thing is that I don't have a clue of waht to try know and is really tiring (while thermal paste consuming hahaha) to put the C2D, tweak the BIos, then put the Xeon and the whole process again fmultiple times with no luck BAR this rare instance Ive told you and that I thought that finally was working.

X99
(16 items)
CPU
Xeon E5-2673 v3
Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
GPU
ASUS STRIX GTX1080 ti
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
HDD1 WD Black 4TB
Hard Drive
HDD2 WD Black 4TB
Power Supply
Seasonic 850w GOLD
Cooling
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 PRO 64 bits
Monitor
LG 27UD68P 4K
Keyboard
Mouse
Corsair M95
Audio
Other
▲ hide details ▲
post #12899 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 02:34 AM
B10S TInk3r

Sounds like maybe CPU is bad then! I've seen CPU only work partially, or start then not etc. If it was blocked by board/BIOS, then it would never magically work once even at low speed, then not again.

Buy another same CPU, they're cheap right? Then you'll know for sure if it's faulty CPU or not.
post #12900 of 12909 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 07:10 AM
771on775 user,Complainer

Rep: 91 (Unique: 60)
Quote: Originally Posted by Leemarvin View Post
well today i got lucky and it got detected. Yet only when I put the FSB 266 and the CPU ratio to 6 while keeping the PCIe at 100. At one point it was detected in BIOS, later entered in Windows, yet it only worked at 1.9 GHz, I've got a lame 75 in Cinebench. So I decided to restart the PC to get into the BIOS and see what can I tweak in order to make it work normally and it didn't boot again, not detected in BIOS again and obviosuly no windows boot at all...I really don't know what to think about this, but at least it worked at least ONCE!...I was really close to threw it. The thing is that I don't have a clue of waht to try know and is really tiring (while thermal paste consuming hahaha) to put the C2D, tweak the BIos, then put the Xeon and the whole process again fmultiple times with no luck BAR this rare instance Ive told you and that I thought that finally was working.
Sounds like maybe CPU is bad then! I've seen CPU only work partially, or start then not etc. If it was blocked by board/BIOS, then it would never magically work once even at low speed, then not again.

Buy another same CPU, they're cheap right? Then you'll know for sure if it's faulty CPU or not.

I suggest going with the x5470. It has a faster base clock,(3,3GHz vs 3.0) has a 10x multiplier,and is a 1333Mhz bus. Prices are running $30-$40 U.S. on average.While that's almost double of the cheapest x5472 ($18),it's only about half again the average.($25 vs $35)[email protected] least with the x5470,the question of the 1600Mhz base setting would be removed,and U would have a cpu that's known to OC MUCH better. (4.0GHz is a normal OC for these cpu's to reach without much effort on most boards)

Tags
asus p5k64 ws , Evga 680i , Evga 680i Board , Evga 680i Installed , Evga680i , Intel Boxd5400xs Dual Lga 771 Intel 5400 Skulltrail Extended Atx Motherboard , Rampage Formula X48

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in