[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1292 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs

post #12911 of 12913 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:34 PM
771on775 user,Complainer

Rep: 97 (Unique: 61)
Quote: Originally Posted by Terminator90 View Post
Hi, the heatsink model is Intel E33681-001 F09A-12B9S2 02AC2H3 (CX) and has a completely aluminium body. It's the small version. I think that the airflow it's quite decent since there is an 80mm fan on the rear but anyway I restarted the Intel Burn Test with open case and the result it's quite the same. In your opinion, which original Intel cooler is the best for 775 socket ? I'm just wondering how intel thinks to keep the temperature so far from the 70° C when it's under heavy load with an air cooler...
What I found on the sink U posted. Intel Socket 775 Aluminum Heat Sink Fan to 3.0 GHz General Features: Aluminum heat sink. 3.5-inch fan 12VDC, 0.60A Supports Intel Core 2 Duo Socket 775 CPUs up to 3.0 GHz.

The short heat sinks without the copper cores aren't meant for the quad core cpu's IMHO. and the copper core sinks are better @ spreading the heat through the sink. If not using an aftermarket cooler, then I'd make sure to get the taller one with the copper core.maybe

Intel 60188-001 SKT-775 Active Copper Core CPU Cooler for Intel XEON 3XXX

or something similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12912 of 12913 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by rockit00 View Post
The intel stock heatsink and fan with the biggest copper cores were the Pentium 4 XE series followed by the Pentium D XE series. I had a few D 840 XE's and the copper core was massive!
nop:
post #12913 of 12913 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 02:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by mighty44 View Post
Guys, I need help...
I modded my bios with Xeon microcodes flashed it and put in my new Xeon e5450(E0 stepping) into my mobo(Its IPIEL-LA rev. 1.03 OEM HP Board which should support Q9650). The computer starts, the bios recognizes the xeon but windows 7 won't start it, freezes at windows logo screen. It managed to start very,very slowly just once and I saw in My computer that the windows also recognizes the xeon. I opened CPU-Z there was the XEON but I've noticed that the fields for multiplier, bus speed and rated FSB were empty only the core speed was visible. No luck reinstalling windows either the installation was stuck in the same place - windows logo screen. Any ideas i will be forever grateful.
To revive a very old comment. Just want to that I was in exactly the same position as Mighty, and still am, and that choosing booting with raid/ahci/IDE set in the bios did not fix the issue

Thanks for trying @agentx007 . I think this board is just not compatible with xeon even with the correct mod procedures.

Last edited by 14706; 09-08-2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Didn't quote old comment.

Tags
asus p5k64 ws , Evga 680i , Evga 680i Board , Evga 680i Installed , Evga680i , Intel Boxd5400xs Dual Lga 771 Intel 5400 Skulltrail Extended Atx Motherboard , Rampage Formula X48

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in