Intel Section Suggestion Box - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Intel Section Suggestion Box

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Rep: 550 (Unique: 398)
Hello

I have created this thread for people to post suggestions on how they would like to see the Intel section improve, or if you have any ideas on any content we should be publishing in the four Intel sections (General, CPUs, Motherboards, Memory).

Is there a specific guide or thread you feel would benefit others by being included in the "Sticky" Threads sections or some threads you feel need some attention to for things like updates if the thread is no longer being maintained, i.e overclocking clubs.

Please post your ideas in here, or you can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks for your time, your input is greatly appreciated thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 11)
My particular complaint about the Intel forum is that it's frustrating to sift through the threads to find what I'm interested in reading. I don't care to read the "help me" threads or the "club" threads. Sub-sectioning those off would make my life easier. Just my 2cents.gif

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kke View Post

My particular complaint about the Intel forum is that it's frustrating to sift through the threads to find what I'm interested in reading. I don't care to read the "help me" threads or the "club" threads. Sub-sectioning those off would make my life easier. Just my 2cents.gif

Which sort of threads are you interested in reading? News threads, product reviews, overclocking guides etc?

Ive recently edited the Sticky section of the Intel CPU forum to include some of the many OC guides available for sandy, ivy, haswell cpus. I have also included links to the latest intel CPUs released and the upcoming CPU release for Intel in the Intel General forum, and will updat these as and when something new is available.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 05:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Answering your question:
  • News threads belong in the news section
  • Product reviews belong in the review section
  • Overclocking guides have lost a lot of value since auto-overclocking improved. I will tolerate them for those who appreciate the manual overclocking experience, however I am not one of those people. I do feel that that type of topic would fall under the "help me" section I described earlier.

Topics that I would be more interested in reading, to name a few:
  • The future of overclocking. Is it going to continue to get more difficult? What barriers need to be overcome?
  • Intel's complacency in the marketplace. Why they haven't drastically improved performance in years.
  • Hey! Check out this cool thing I did with an Intel CPU
  • The death/survival of the celeron and pentium branding
  • IGP integration and what that means for the consumer and professional marketplace
  • More cores versus clock speeds versus power efficiency

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kke View Post

Answering your question:
  • News threads belong in the news section
  • Product reviews belong in the review section
  • Overclocking guides have lost a lot of value since auto-overclocking improved. I will tolerate them for those who appreciate the manual overclocking experience, however I am not one of those people. I do feel that that type of topic would fall under the "help me" section I described earlier.

Topics that I would be more interested in reading, to name a few:
  • The future of overclocking. Is it going to continue to get more difficult? What barriers need to be overcome?
  • Intel's complacency in the marketplace. Why they haven't drastically improved performance in years.
  • Hey! Check out this cool thing I did with an Intel CPU
  • The death/survival of the celeron and pentium branding
  • IGP integration and what that means for the consumer and professional marketplace
  • More cores versus clock speeds versus power efficiency

So you dont think people would like to know when the next cpus are being released, since that is a very often asked question? Also regardless of how well auto overclocking has improved, I would never recommend anyone to use auto overclocking. Never.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2014, 06:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Everyone can have their own opinion on the auto versus manual overclocking. I think auto is good enough so I'm not interested in guides. As for the next CPU release, google it. My peeve is questions that can be answered by the first hit on google.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 06:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 537 (Unique: 329)
It's overclock.net, not auto-overclock.net

It's neither fun nor efficient to hit a button and boot with auto settings, most people around here take some joy in fixing settings to be better

I don't believe in "good enough"~!!

240hz / gsync / low persistence is AWESOME

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
New to OCN?

Rep: 1543 (Unique: 926)
Make a section or sub forum for build your pc or make a sticky with a thread where people can open their need for a build and make a form where we can easily make a suggestion,also a sub forum for clubs and another for guides
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2014, 03:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Post a build guide for like $1000 where it is updated each week. That will reduce countless threads repeating themselves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in