Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970 - Page 95 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Intel Pentium G3258 Performance and Owners Club NOW with GTX 970

post #941 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 03:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 43)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post

It wasn't a joke as you seem to imply with sarcasm. Read about Entropy (and the Heat Death of the Universe). Intel is not selling chips at "100% safe stock voltages", they are well aware it is "safe enough" to survive at least 3 to 5 years in order to offer warranties that last that much.

Observable entropy is an inadequate explanation for the behavior of the universe. it's a good start at best.. Which is what I'm trying to indicate that your entire premise for deduction of how long each processor will last is fundamentally flawed, baseless and incomplete..

thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #942 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 03:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 301 (Unique: 175)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Quote:

It wasn't a joke as you seem to imply with sarcasm. Read about Entropy (and the Heat Death of the Universe). Intel is not selling chips at "100% safe stock voltages", they are well aware it is "safe enough" to survive at least 3 to 5 years in order to offer warranties that last that much.

Observable entropy is an inadequate explanation for the behavior of the universe. it's a good start at best.. Which is what I'm trying to indicate that your entire premise for deduction of how long each processor will last is fundamentally flawed, baseless and incomplete..

thumb.gif

What are you talking about. First prove that intel CPUs are 100% safe on stock voltage. Because that's absolute nonsense.
post #943 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 04:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 43)
Quote:

What are you talking about. First prove that intel CPUs are 100% safe on stock voltage. Because that's absolute nonsense.

You see... you don't understand at all what you're talking about.. There is no perceptible 100% because perception is incomplete..

You're merely part of the negligent collective that carelessly abuse logic. thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #944 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 04:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 301 (Unique: 175)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Quote:

You see... you don't understand at all what you're talking about.. There is no perceptible 100% because perception is incomplete..

You're merely part of the negligent collective that carelessly abuse logic. thumb.gif

Whatever. When you escape that narcissism come back. Then we can talk about CPUs.
post #945 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 305 (Unique: 194)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty99 View Post

I cant believe i read this whole thread lol, i dont even have any interest in buying the CPU i have a 2500k.

I must say awesome CPU for the money especially if you can get it at microcenter with the z97 board for 100 bucks. Also very cool to see a thread on these forums where the guy is showing actualy gameplay instead of just benchmarks, i know this is an enthusiast forum but most people on here dont even seem to game its kinda weird lol.

Haha thanks!

I've been looking through some of the gameplay I've recorded, my card is getting RMA'd but fortunately I've got alot of footage to go through and upload which I've been doing over the past couple of days.
In case anyone missed these I'll be adding them to the OP too! (Dead Space 3, Far Cry 3 and ArcheAge and are the newest, alongside Darksiders 2)

Dead Space 3 (Contains story gameplay)
Runs amazingly!

ArcheAge

Darksiders II
Runs fantastic!

Far Cry 3
Has frame-rate dips to showcase worse-case performance

Watch Dogs
I really stressed this CPU on Watch Dogs.

Final Fantasy XIV

post #946 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 07:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 26 (Unique: 26)
Anyone here able to do the altis benchmark on Arma 3 please?

post #947 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 14)
Going for points, not a 24/7 voltage

post #948 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 07:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 81)
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not but this el-cheapo motherboard that I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157390&cm_re=asrock_b85-_-13-157-390-_-Product

Can overclock the G3258 just fine:

post #949 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 122 (Unique: 103)
Swapped mine for a new one as it was just too crappy, lol.. New one has a stock vcore of 1.066 and does 4Ghz without touching voltage. Old one needed 1.2.

Edit, damn 1.2 for 4.5..

Where I'm at right now. Will run overnight stress test, then may go for 4.8. Not sure sure if it's needed.

post #950 of 4590 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 07:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am relatively new to the over clocking thins but I have a Gigabyte z97-hd3 MOBO and could not get any results with changing the multiplier or voltages in the BIOS. Every time i changed anything, it would always show 3.2ghz after booting in windows 8.1.

I had gigabyte easytune installed with the MOBO drivers so i tried playing around with its preset OC settings but those didn't work either. I finally was able to get results in the advanced OC settings tab on easytune where i manually adjusted the multiplier and voltage myself. I am set at 4.3ghz and 1.224V at the moment with no problems at all.

I did notice the clock speed on cpu-z always shows 4.3 even when idle even though it would drop down when idle before the OC and only show max when doing a stress test on prime95. Should I be alarmed at this or no?

thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in