Suggested 4790k Voltage at 4.7 ghz - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Suggested 4790k Voltage at 4.7 ghz

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
Свет

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
Quote: Originally Posted by jordan1794 View Post
I'm not the user you responded to, but I'd like to chime in - the thermal response of these chips are also absolutely bonkers in difference from chip to chip.

I'm running an AIO water cooler, and when I do 4.9 @ 1.325v I'll hit 82 C on my hottest core. I (think) I've attached a photo of my results of the lowest stable frequency/voltage combinations.
The interesting thing to note is that my girlfriend's rig has the same CPU, cooler, case, everything (except GPU) - but her 4790k starts hitting 80+ C when she runs 4.6 @ 1.225.

Both of our chips are stock - no delidding. Makes me wonder what my chip could do delidded...I'm pretty sure my instability above 4.9 is due to temeprature. Chip may eek out a 5.0 on all 8 threads, or 5.1 with HT off.
Alas, I'm not brave enough to delid...yet. Just got a promotion at work though so my bravery may increase when I have more money lol.
Yeah, man! The voltage is all over the place from chip to chip. I saw people hitting 4.9 on 1.3 volts...so yeah...it's weird

I am scalping mine this week, here is some info if you would like some info and parts I bought myself after doing extensive research from Youtube to forums here and there

https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-in...ive-paste.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
Свет

Rep: 36 (Unique: 35)
Went back to 1.26 volts on air, and it's stable after running in Aida64 with Geminii S524 cooler (thermally and stability wise)

Looking forward to delidding, it will give a nice temp drop. I am not even sure I will go back to water now. Because temps look phenomenal for my set up

Never thought I will be debating between air and water again. I have H115i Pro coming in mail from Corsair, but now I don't know if I need it.

Going to check the sound of that pump, and see if it's silent, with no buzzing like H105/H100i

I can make this computer completely silent now, as I have fan controllers on the back of the case to reduce sound completely. I can hear my refrigerator more in the kitchen from my room, than PC in my room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.26v i7 4790k 4.7ghz  FULL Fan profiles + Geminii S524.png
Views:	4
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	254594  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.26v i7 4790k 4.7ghz  FULL Fan profiles + Geminii S524.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	564.1 KB
ID:	254596  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in