Intel Skulltrail D5400XS Bios Mod - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Intel Skulltrail D5400XS Bios Mod

post #21 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Yes, still waiting. The seller tells me it’s going to be 1 to 8 wks. I just checked on the status and there are no updates
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:26 AM
B10S TInk3r

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
8 weeks, what!?!? Did he say some delay to manufacture or just shipping? He makes them himself, but I always assumed he kept stock ahead of incoming orders. I've ordered from him many time (at least 4-5) and every time only 12-14 days, sometimes quicker.
I could see maybe 4-5 weeks if during the Christmas delays, but this isn't coming from China, it's Korea, much less delay from there any time I've order anything. Hopefully he's only trying to be safe saying that, and didn't switch to some super slow shipping method.
post #23 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

well, i pay extra for shipping, the first item only cost $3 to ship, i told him i want faster shipping, he cancelled it and told me to order one that has $6 shipping, don't know what the difference is, but he assure me it will be shipped faster. don't really know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:38 PM
B10S TInk3r

Well then you'll definitely get it pretty quick once he ships. I paid the faster shipping twice, then few other times used slow, and seemed not much difference I think maybe few days slower those times.
post #25 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

The last I checked it’s going on plane. It took 6 days for it to get on a plane. Just hope when my post office gets it, they will send it out quick
post #26 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-14-2018, 08:35 PM
B10S TInk3r

What country are you in? If US, it should only take 12-14 days or so, once it's initially picked up on his end. Wont be too long
post #27 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

I got the programmer today and i made a backup of my bios its attached here. just rename the .jpg to.zip, for some reason i can't attach it with a zip or rar ext.

for some reason i can't upload the bios any ideas

i uploaded it to google drive. here the link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XJ...7JzuGiiwX3wjzc

Last edited by terianx; 06-19-2018 at 11:03 AM.
post #28 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM
B10S TInk3r

That was even faster then expected, so what about 10 days? I'm not sure why you could not attach zip file, maybe site being glitch? You should be able to, especially small files like that would be in a zip.

I will modify this backup for you tonight and post here, it's better that way to use this backup and reprogram with that instead of what I posted earlier!

BIOS is not correct size, 2MB vs 3MB, did you use the Nano Programmer to make this backup? Did it verify that is all that's on the chip, verify contents of chip vs what it writes as backup?
I will see if I can work around, in the meantime go ahead and program that modified BIOS I sent before and see if that works OK.
If it does work OK, then I can just edit that, with the details from your board like Serial/MAC etc from this backup, if they are there and not corrupted.

Last edited by HelpDatBIOS; 06-19-2018 at 12:42 PM.
post #29 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

I just flashed the bios you provided awhile ago and it flashed success, but the size it also 2mb.
post #30 of 368 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

update. it won't post. black screen. going to flash back the factory bios and see if it works.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in